What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
Takka

General FAQ

1,089 posts in this topic

Tiddy-bits:

We'd have to spend money on getting someone to design an app for the website.

A community of Nerds, and no one capable of making an app?

are-you-kidding-me2.png

Daywu and DiSiAC like this

Capable? Yes. Willing? No.

Kavawuvi, swamp, DiSiAC and 1 other like this

4VWJfoZ.gif

"You fix my mistakes is what you do." - Tucker
"You're useless." - Tucker 2 minutes later

"You're sort of cool in some ways." - Kavawuvi

"Fuck off." - Mint Blitz

When uploading a new header image for my profile I had to play around with it and reupload it 7 times to get it to show up like I wanted in my profile, for two reasons:

1. The preview shown on the page for uploading a new header image doesn't actually show everything that will appear in the case of header images that are larger than the size of the header.

2. Absolutely nowhere does it say how many pixels wide and tall the header area is; this would be extremely helpful to know.

I'm asking that the above two grievances be addressed.  If possible, I'd also appreciate if, in the case of uploading an image larger than the header image area, you would be able to select what area of it shows on your profile, rather than defaulting to an area in what appears to be the top-left.  This alone added two reuploads to it.

Thanks, and sorry if this isn't nearly as easy as it seems.

ZFkXnuW.png External link

The header isn't a default feature for this software, so it was kind of hackily done and it's certainly not ideal. The width is also dependent on the screen size of the viewer, so that can't be defined for you.

Reworking it so that it's croppable and such would require spending a lot of money for a huge overhaul in how the software works, and we're just going to be moving to the next generation of software in about 6 months anyway, which already solves all these concerns.

Sorry. =\

NeX likes this

Oddly, this is familiar to you... as if from an old dream.  

I don't know if it helps you but on a normal HD display (1920*1080) the banner resolution is 1549*300 pixels.

NeX likes this