What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PerfectDark

First time firing a gun

28 posts in this topic

Tiddy-bits:

Shooting is fun! It's actually how I learned to take photos with less blur - with shooting guns and cameras, you shouldn't pull the trigger rapidly, with a jerk. Instead, sloowwwwly squeeze the trigger and try not to react when it takes effect. If you react, you will jerk the gun/camera and are more liable to miss.

Skeezix the Cat, NeX and Kvasir like this

I'm more into Archery than firearms. I think I just like slow control'd weapons since me firearm preference is semi-auto rifles and snipers. Never fired one but they catch my interest.

"You're nothing but a thing to me." -Tucker933 2016   

"Mine's not huge, but neither are my hands, so it's a real good fit." -Badga666 2017                

"It's not incest until it's in." -Caesar 2017

"Poison dart frogs aren't poisonous. Mankind is a poison and the dart frogs are the cure." -Somewhere on the internet 

"I felt left out so I added myself to your signature." -Pfhunkie 2020

"English isn't my primary language. It's also the only language I know." -ShikuTeshi ????
"In the quiet the silence is louder." -My Sister 2021

Spent a good portion of last Sunday shooting. We had eight people, three 12ga pump shotguns (two Pardner Pumps and an 870 Super Mag), 12ga semi-auto shotgun (Model 720), .300 Savage (Model 99), .30-30. (Marlin Model 336) Glock 30, and M1917 S&W Revolver

250 rounds of 12ga spent, 75 rounds of .45ACP, 20 rounds of .30-30, 20 rounds of .300 Savage and smiles all around. Not a bad day, not a bad day at all.

xvii likes this

My partner at work adjusted his trigger to .3 pounds on a 9mm pistol.

Umh7x1l.gif

That has some accident potential. Standard pull on a carry gun is between 4.5lbs and 7lbs, .3lbs is in the "hair trigger" paradigm. 

Light pull weight can be dangerous, which was why NYPD had the NY1/NY2 trigger designed for it's officers duty weapons. Heavy pull was "theoretically" suppose to reduce the amount of NDs force-wide.

The military uses the 92F, which as a 12lb pull weight for standard issue pistols.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0