Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Down Under

Adding Custom Music to UI

Is it possible to use Halo PC tools..ie Eschaton or HMT to add Custom Music to the UI map file?

I have seen a few maps on CE, but wanted to experiment through PC tools to see if I could approach it that way

Thanks

DU.

NeX likes this

Tiddy-bits:

It is, although personally i have always found it buggy. There are many premade tags that can be compiled into a map and then extracted/imported into the default UI. I made one for rev a while back, the vid is still in that thread somewhere, but it was not great. The music would skip everytime a mouse event triggered a sound effect, such as hovering over menu items

Kvasir and Quagmirian like this

KsqHutE.png

I mainly use a hex editor for this kind of stuff. The skipping effect can be avoided by changing sound priorities.

There are some tools that can import and internalize sounds, but none I know for Windows that can do both.

Edited by 002

HMT can evidently import sounds, but I don't know anyone who has tried it. Eschaton can also internalize them.

Oddly, this is familiar to you... as if from an old dream.  

Last time I tried this was ca 2009. One problem with injecting audio with HMT (other than needing to convert it to the right format yourself) is that you can only make audio clips shorter, not longer. I ended up using a tag of Pepsi's which was already three or so minutes long.

NeX and Takka like this

Attached is Pepsi's Sound Tutorial. Should be a full rip offline version of it. The images he references are gone, sounds should be saved at the 22050 hz or 44100, depending on the scenario. If one doesn't work, go with the other.

Included inside the .RAR I've attached is his "donor_map" which contains the sound tag you need for his tutorial.

Pepsi_Sound_Tutorial.rar

NeX, Takka and WaeV like this

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0