What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
reaply

Browsers

39 posts in this topic

Tiddy-bits:

I keep hearing great things about WaterFox. What is so good about it? I saw some of its features but I don't get it. I used to use Firefox but I switched to Chrome about a year ago. I got tired of the 24 hour updates Firefox kept having.

12 months later and they still have lots of problems and they continue to update. Chrome has its share of problems but I like them a lot more cause it can be used on my Android phone as well.

Because it's fast. Hipster. And supports x64 unlike your filthy chrome.

1333515970816.jpg

Sceny, Takka and Aurodox like this

I'm browsing happily with my Firefox and Chrome. Both have proven to be greta browsers to me so I randomly use either of them for daily browsing. I tend to use Firefox more though as I'm more used to browsing with it since the very beginning. :)

Waterfox? Their logo looks awesome. I'm on the internet all day everyday and I have never even heard of Waterfox. Can't believe that. Anyway, I'm all about Chrome these days.

Opera isn't all horrible. I just dislike the amount of resources it uses.

Hmmm...

Chrome uses way more memory than Firefox, Opera or Internet Explorer

When you ask Internet users about their personal opinions about web browsers, some may tell you that they feel Firefox is using too much memory which is keeping the browser back, and that Google’s Chrome browser on the other hand is a slim fast browser that does not use that much RAM when running.

Continued... http://www.ghacks.ne...ernet-explorer/

tl;dr

Opera is the most memory efficient browser, followed by Firefox

Opera needs 150 MB less of memory than Chrome for the ten websites

Firefox needs 100 MB less of memory than Chrome to display the ten sample websites

When it comes to virtual memory, both browsers use only half of what Chrome needs.

But that is most likely because of the way Chrome runs multiple threads, yes?

Yup. I like keeping my 108 tabs open when a tiny plugin crashes.

I think it has to do with Chrome's extremely aggressive caching. I've heard some developers complain about how Chrome won't properly refresh the whole page, even with ctrl-f5 which is supposed to refresh everything.

I think that the way Chrome uses it's cache instead of waiting to download the rest of the site data, it actually violates some w3c conventions about rendering behavior. The author of the site generally has more control over the way things are loaded.

Not that this doesn't make for a faster end-user experience, anyways. Chrome feels faster.

I use Firefox, I find it fast and reliable. Plus I've been using it practically the whole time I started using a laptop. Which is back at 2007, I believe.

But I use Chrome for taking screenshots. It really it useful when you want to take a picture of something or you have to explain something but don't know how.

For awhile, I was using nothing but Chrome. But for some reason, I've been using Firefox lately. I think it has something to do with Youtube, how i can run videos without lag or distortion.

And, I have my bookmarks there. And, yeah I could just import to Chrome but I don't want to do that. Feels like I'm on another planet now, some foreign territory, when I use Chrome, so I stay away from it.

I've used Comodo Dragon, a Chromium like browser. When I uninstalled that to save space on my computer, I stopped using Chrome too.

Not that Chrome isn't good, i just don't think about using it a lot most days.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0