Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Iggy

Weapons in Blood Gulch

13 posts in this topic

Hello,

I've recently set one of the maps on my server to a Slayer game type where it had previously been a CTF.

When the map was running with the CTF game type a player would start the game with two weapons to alternate between.

Now with the Slayer game type the player starts with only one weapon and must pick up a second to be able to alternate between two.

I'd like for players to be able to alternate between two weapons from the outset, can someone please tell me how this is done?

Thank you

Tiddy-bits:

This is set in the scenario tag. The last few ITMC references represent what the player spawns with in each variant. You'll notice a couple of the redundant references at the bottom don't have a partner, while others do. Rig them up to look similarly, and you'll be all set.

If that's too vague, I'll give it a look later and tell you exactly which references to swap, but you'll probably be able to figure it out.

WaeV and NeX like this

Oddly, this is familiar to you... as if from an old dream.  

alternately if you have sparky's plugins, if you go into the scenario tag (scnr), and find the "player starting equipment" you can see the references for each set of gametypes, to make it easier to find which references you need to change. For instance if the Slayer section has a plasma pistol as the first reference slot, and nulled for the other 3, if you see that pattern (PP, null, null, null), you'll know you're in the right section.

KsqHutE.png

Nex do have a a site you can link me to to get the plugin(s)? I tried google and didn't have much success.

You guys are overcomplicating things. In the gametype settings, set the STARTING EQUIPMENT in the item options to GENERIC. Generic means that you will spawn with an assault rifle and pistol, with two frag grenades.

Edited by 002
WaeV and Pfhunkie like this

Lol @ Tucker and NeX telling him to mod his map file just to have two weapons on spawn.

4VWJfoZ.gif

"You fix my mistakes is what you do." - Tucker
"You're useless." - Tucker 2 minutes later

"You're sort of cool in some ways." - Kavawuvi

"Fuck off." - Mint Blitz

I was gonna post the Generic gametype thing earlier, but then thought (perhaps mistakenly) that it only gives you a pistol, and not an AR as well.

Yeah, it gives you AR and pistol no matter what map you play on.

(Well, unless you modify it in the map file)

4VWJfoZ.gif

"Fuck off." - Mint Blitz

Dur. But things like death bonus and tk get old :/

... and what does that have to do with switching starting equipment from custom to generic?

Wait a second... have you been making it so that you change all the damage tags so that you can't injure teammates this entire time without realizing there are options in game under gametypes to disable friendly fire?

Kavawuvi likes this

4VWJfoZ.gif

"Fuck off." - Mint Blitz

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0