What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pong

OpenEmu

12 posts in this topic

Tiddy-bits:

Yep this has been one of the hot things around lately. I've tried open emu a few months ago, but I'm not really playing old school games leisurely these days..

I'm actually surprised this would be getting any N64 support at all, as I wasn't aware of any open source implementations, nor was I very impressed by the commercial ones.

In case anyone is wondering if there's something similar on Windows, there is MESS

loolitah and ShikuTeshi like this

4VWJfoZ.gif

"You fix my mistakes is what you do." - Tucker
"You're useless." - Tucker 2 minutes later

"You're sort of cool in some ways." - Kavawuvi

"Fuck off." - Mint Blitz

This is awesome. Sadly I don't use Macs so I'll probably try out that MESS software. Now all you're missing is a link to some download packs so we don't need to play hide and seek for a single game.

Pfhunkie likes this

"You're nothing but a thing to me." -Tucker933 2016   

"Mine's not huge, but neither are my hands, so it's a real good fit." -Badga666 2017                

"It's not incest until it's in." -Caesar 2017

"Poison dart frogs aren't poisonous. Mankind is a poison and the dart frogs are the cure." -Somewhere on the internet 

"I felt left out so I added myself to your signature." -Pfhunkie 2020

"English isn't my primary language. It's also the only language I know." -ShikuTeshi ????
"In the quiet the silence is louder." -My Sister 2021

@nil

There's the open source N64 emulator called mupen64plus, it's command line, but it's what's currently powering the N64 part. Currently, Mupen uses a shittier older video plugin as the default. The video plugin needs to be updated to Glide64 Final, and I'm more or less trying to figure this out myself. 

PSP works well. I only played Final Fantasy Crisis Core, but it works well. Playstation works fine, just a few minor glitches. 

WaeV likes this

PWccHNo.png

@nil

There's the open source N64 emulator called mupen64plus, it's command line, but it's what's currently powering the N64 part. Currently, Mupen uses a shittier older video plugin as the default. The video plugin needs to be updated to Glide64 Final, and I'm more or less trying to figure this out myself.

Do you know the difference between Mupen64 and mupen64plus? I can't tell if they are the same project or not. Both are open-source, anyhow.

http://mupen64.emulation64.com/

http://code.google.com/p/mupen64plus/

Edit: Ah- Mupen64 is the original project which started in 2001, and was designed to be extremely cross-platform. Mupen64plus is a fork which specifically focuses on Mac, Linux, and Windows, and is written exclusively for 64-bit CPUs.

Double-Edit: Oh sweet, Mupen64plus 2.0 is available for the OpenPandora as of a couple months ago; I should be able to play N64 games on the go now!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0