What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
Solaris

"AWW YEAH" Thread

2,880 posts in this topic

Tiddy-bits:

Not eating a Philly in Philly belongs in the rage pile, tuck.

Oh but maybe I was in Philly at the time. Who are you to make such an accusation?!

Oddly, this is familiar to you... as if from an old dream.  

Was up really late with Tucker ;) Awwww Yeah!

Takka likes this

hyenabuddy.png

Our integrity sells for so little, but it is all we really have. It is the very last inch of us, but within that inch, we are free. - Valerie Page

Phone upgrade is this Thursday and the ISP called and gave us the estimate for how much it would cost to run the lines to our house.

$1300 as opposed to $3000 if we were to do it ourselves. We're calling the landlord to make her pitch in because she did not tell us about this problem getting internet to the house.

Job Corp also called me. They aren't going to put me in the location to dorm that I want, but I will still be able to do the vocational trade I want to do.

Things are going good so far.

System Administrator (Well Rounded) | AWS | Azure | Microsoft 365

I met a guy named Henry while I was working today. I was 1/3 techs onsite (It was a Polo Ralph Lauren store), Henry was one of them. He's semi-bald, in his 40's, and he's pretty rad. We upgraded their server system and replaced 6 point of sale systems (a reciept printer, barcode reader, monitor, computer, and register drawer). I say Henry was pretty rad because he was talking to himself the whole time, and didn't stop even if you were trying to talk to him. He also kept randomly whistling one note over and over.

He was cool, though. Henry worked faster than me and the other tech combined, and still had the time to pack up about 50 large boxes for recycling. After we were done, we needed a ride to a Perkins restaurant down the street. Henry was the only way to go at that point, unless we wanted to walk 10 miles. As we approached Henry's car, we both looked at each other in wonderment.

To sum it up, here was my face the entire ride:

tumblr_lhd7ntRnWO1qzsuffo1_500.jpg

Henry's car was basically a massive clusterfuck of FUCK NO, piled with WHAT THE FUCK. He had a car battery on the floor powering a huge HP printer, a laptop, and a GPS module (There was probably more, but fuck me if I was even going to try looking). Also, me and the other tech sat on a board the entire ride, a mother fucking wooden board. I can not forget the state of this man's car, it was utterly amazing. You couldn't see ANY of the original interior due to the amount of filth and junk he had crusted onto it.

It was a good day.

Aurodox and WaeV like this

Went to the gym with my buddy today, and he had me doing all sorts of stuff. I'm feeling muscles that I didnt even know existed. HELL YEAH

Replaced the rotors, breakpads and the oil in our Durango today. Most eventful thing I've done in 3 months. :'D

System Administrator (Well Rounded) | AWS | Azure | Microsoft 365