What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PopeTX28

Need some help with adopting a modeling style

Best Architecture Poll:   11 members have voted

15 posts in this topic

Hello everyone, I need some help with determining the best art style from all the Halo games created. Basically I'm trying to determine which game had the best Forerunner, Covenant, and UNSC styled architecture. Ultimately, it will be interesting to see what art style is favored the most from the community.

Tiddy-bits:

6 minutes ago, Tucker933 said:

My votes on this are the only correct ones. You're welcome.

You only picked Halo 3 for one of them though.

Clearly you're only 33% correct.

After giving it some thought, I surprisingly put Halo 3 for all of them. They really perfected the art style in those games. 

4VWJfoZ.gif

"You fix my mistakes is what you do." - Tucker
"You're useless." - Tucker 2 minutes later

"You're sort of cool in some ways." - Kavawuvi

"Fuck off." - Mint Blitz

Forerunner architecture
Halo CE > any other Halo > Halo CEA

Why isn't classic H1 (Halo CE) an option? :v

8 hours ago, tarikja said:

Forerunner architecture
Halo CE > any other Halo > Halo CEA

Why isn't classic H1 (Halo CE) an option? :v

Because I'm trying to get an idea of what architectural scheme I should use when making maps in terms of higher polycount/quality. As much as I love modeling H1 and H2 styled maps, I'd like to step up the detail level.

Stock Halo 2 gets my actual vote for UNSC, but it's not on the list, so I had to choose Halo 3. I really liked the modernized approach Halo 2 had, it wasn't a perfect design but I feel like it was a great concept design, was a shame it was scrapped for Halo 3. (Not to say Halo 3's were bad, but stuff felt... large and kinda clunky. Fidelity wise Halo 3 UNSC is miles ahead of Halo 2, but I liked the actual style more)

WaeV likes this

My vote for Forerunner architecture is a vote for Halo 2, rather than the anniversary edition. I never liked 343's artstyle, except for their Reach maps.

Oddly, this is familiar to you... as if from an old dream.  

I'm actually surprised by the fact that Halo 3 is favored for Covenant architecture. There weren't a lot of maps that had covenant architecture for Halo 3 that I'm aware of. The only multiplayer ones I can think of are Assembly and Snowbound, which are good. But as far as singleplayer, most of the covenant architecture was underneath flood biomass (Cortana mission).

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0