Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Aer

Hijacking

Can anyone help me with  a script that allows vehicle hijacking?

it should allow a player from the "A" team to take the place of a the player of  the "B" team dealing a small amount of damage to the player "B" and "stunning" him for a short period of time (maybe the stun that you get when you survive a great fall?)

Tiddy-bits:

Can anyone help me with  a script that allows vehicle hijacking?

it should allow a player from the "A" team to take the place of a the player of  the "B" team dealing a small amount of damage to the player "B" and "stunning" him for a short period of time (maybe the stun that you get when you survive a great fall?)

Would have to check if the player was holding action key and they were close enough to an enemy vehicle so that they could enter if there wasn't a driver (which I'm not fully sure how to do.) Back when I played with phasor I did somehow manage to get a player to enter the driver seat that was already occupied but the problem was it would teleport-lag the second person standing in the driver seat where ever the first driver decided to go (second player never got control.)  If I remembered how I did that I could just kick the first player out and exit and re-enter the second player (to sync.)

For the damage you could just remove the players shields (but no stun since it wouldn't sync properly, at least I think.)

Aer likes this

I've done most of it the day you made this topic. I've been busy lately, so in my spare time I've been doing other things rather than finishing it up.

There are some concerns I have:

1.  SAPP does not have a damage function.
  2.  You can make a player stunned without damaging them, but it will just appear to the player that they are lagging.
  3.  Everyone will have to be kicked out of the vehicle, unless multi team vehicle is enabled.
Aer and ST34MF0X like this

For damaging you could spawn a couple projectiles inside the player (plasma to add stun.) And if MTV wasn't on then another trick would have to be used for the passengers to be able to keep their seats (which I do remember how to do.)

Aer likes this

I think this would take more than a script. What about animations?

It looks like someone managed it in CE. (Go to 1:10)

Oh i wasn't aware that lua can force play anims,  this could be a lot better but it should use a new map (as far as i know) 

I've done most of it the day you made this topic. I've been busy lately, so in my spare time I've been doing other things rather than finishing it up.

There are some concerns I have:

1.  SAPP does not have a damage function.
  2.  You can make a player stunned without damaging them, but it will just appear to the player that they are lagging.
  3.  Everyone will have to be kicked out of the vehicle, unless multi team vehicle is enabled.

1. well if damage is not possible then it would be better to ignore that

2. could this be handled reducing the move speed of the player for a short period of time? 

3. this shouldn't a problem I think that at this point everyone have hac2

For damaging you could spawn a couple projectiles inside the player (plasma to add stun.) And if MTV wasn't on then another trick would have to be used for the passengers to be able to keep their seats (which I do remember how to do.)

this could solve a lot of things if possible

anyways thanks a lot for your responses guys!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0