Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Iggy

Sparkedit Issue

Hello,

I'm having an issue with Sparkedit  wherein I go to load a map and get an error message that says

"Unable to Open Halo PC Bitmaps.map File. Please check Tools-> Options...and make sure the path is set correctly."

This issue suddenly arose recently, I've been using Sparkedit for a while and not previously encountered this problem.

Any assistance would be appreciated. :)

Tiddy-bits:

What is your maps folder directory, and what do you currently have it set as in Spark Edit?

Oddly, this is familiar to you... as if from an old dream.  

I set the  proper map directory in the options section and the maps still won't open properly. Prior to this the maps had always opened properly when I selected the directory path in the Open Cache File selection.

This will no longer allow me to open map files properly.

Edited by Iggy

Are you running the shortcut as admin?

Just tried it, still the same issue.

Weird.. try downloading a new copy of it then.

Tried downloading a new copy, still the same issue. I'm not going to get that fussed about it as it's working alright on my other PC.

There's no weird permissions on your MAPS folder is there? Or your bitmaps.map? I always use a 100% stock map folder as an originals for all of the programs I use that need it, in case they draw from tag data.

KsqHutE.png

Hello,

I'm having an issue with Sparkedit  wherein I go to load a map and get an error message that says

"Unable to Open Halo PC Bitmaps.map File. Please check Tools-> Options...and make sure the path is set correctly."

This issue suddenly arose recently, I've been using Sparkedit for a while and not previously encountered this problem.

Any assistance would be appreciated. :)

Iggy:

Try this:

1) go inside your sparkedit folder and look for your sparkedit.dat file

2) open that up with notepad

3) copy your entire "address" to your maps folder ie: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Halo\MAPS\bitmaps.map (if you see anything else in there leave it alone!

4) also place the file "bitmaps.map" at end 

this fixed my issues: the only problem I have is when I edit CE maps because the bitmaps use a diff file structure; but I still am able to edit the map

Hope this helps

Down Under

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0