Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NeX

PMI into SinglePlayer

32 posts in this topic

Ok, I know I've been starting a lot of threads, but bear with me again please (I just like to learn). For some reason when I use eschaton 0.8.1 to extract/import new tags into a campaign map, I get unexpected errors and differing errors occur for different models/methods on different maps.

Example: I can import a new cyborg bipd tag into a30 (Halo) with no problem, and play through no problem, but on a10 (POA) I get an exception when the autumn comes into view in the opening intro. However, if I skip the intro, I can play the whole level without issue.

I've tried importing just the mod2 tag and swapping the original model out for the new one in the characters/cyborg/cyborg bipd tag, and deleting the original model, but it seems any tampering gets me an exception without fail. Is there anyone who knows how to smoothly import models for bipeds/AI while avoiding exceptions? I'm just about out of ideas =/

KsqHutE.png

Tiddy-bits:

As opposed to "continue"? Yes, always. I never hit continue or load a save point between changes.

KsqHutE.png

It's an Eschaton rebuilding issue. Esch is unable to perfectly rebuild the map and the errors left break it.

WaeV and NeX like this

So what is most likely to be causing this? Is it because I tried importing CE tags directly? Maybe I should convert the maps to PC first? Or is it actor variants and other AI related things? I guess what confuses me the most is that I can rebuild a10 with the same weapons as a30 and only one gives me an exception.

KsqHutE.png

I may be remembering this incorrectly, but I think Eschaton is ignorant of Halo scripting in general. When rebuilding SP maps that might be the component it breaks.

So what should I use instead? HMT?

KsqHutE.png

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0