What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
Krazychic

Discord - full player mute within a voice channel

I've done a search on whether you can mute people within a server voice channel and found the Priority Speaker option but was wondering if anyone here knows of a bot that allows the channel to be muted for a 'streamer' hosting custom games thus preventing the cluster fuck of conversations talking over the host.

I came across https://discord.js.org/#/ and further more https://discord.js.org/#/docs/main/stable/class/VoiceChannel?scrollTo=members but gather code needs to be written.

Would anyone here know of a simple bot that can be added to a server or be willing to write a code and step by step guide on how to implement it to a server please?

Looking for a single click option to mute content of voice server apart from the host.

Tiddy-bits:

I think the easiest way without a bot would be to edit the default user permissions for that channel and set voice to disabled.
Then assign a streamer role to whoever is allowed to speak and give it permission in that channel to continue talking.

"You're nothing but a thing to me." -Tucker933 2016   

"Mine's not huge, but neither are my hands, so it's a real good fit." -Badga666 2017                

"It's not incest until it's in." -Caesar 2017

"Poison dart frogs aren't poisonous. Mankind is a poison and the dart frogs are the cure." -Somewhere on the internet 

"I felt left out so I added myself to your signature." -Pfhunkie 2020

"English isn't my primary language. It's also the only language I know." -ShikuTeshi ????
"In the quiet the silence is louder." -My Sister 2021

One channel is used for the main meeting point where you leave to appropriate team room once teams are selected, you then return once killed in game. Everyone returns to the main room but announcements are being missed due to people talking over each other so people only need to be muted on these occasions.

Yeah. So I guess make that meeting room a place where nobody can talk in unless they have the appropriate roll. They'll still be allowed to be in there and listen in. But unless they have the specified roles they can't speak in there.
From there you can just give whoever you want speaking the speaker role.
I don't know if you've ever messed with specialized permissions per channel but from what I understand that's exactly what you're looking for.

708M9b1.png
Permissions>@everyone>Speak set to disabled
then
Add a role to the channel and allow it to speak instead. You may need to make a new role specifically for this privilege. And it will only apply to said voice room. (just make sure not to click 'Sync Now' or it will apply the settings to all channels within a given category.

Takka likes this

"You're nothing but a thing to me." -Tucker933 2016   

"Mine's not huge, but neither are my hands, so it's a real good fit." -Badga666 2017                

"It's not incest until it's in." -Caesar 2017

"Poison dart frogs aren't poisonous. Mankind is a poison and the dart frogs are the cure." -Somewhere on the internet 

"I felt left out so I added myself to your signature." -Pfhunkie 2020

"English isn't my primary language. It's also the only language I know." -ShikuTeshi ????
"In the quiet the silence is louder." -My Sister 2021