What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
phlo

Halo 4 Information Topic *Up-To-Date*

New Developer?   16 members have voted

167 posts in this topic

Idunno. This looks way past industry par as far as Xbox goes. I can only imagine the amount of hackery that went into making these visuals look this good on specs I'd be ashamed to touch with a ten and a half foot pole were it a Windows PC.

I'll probably regret bringing this up, but COD managed to push out some pretty impressive shaders and such while still managing to get the end product to run at a stable 60 FPS. Then there's Crysis 3, which while not necessarily a good sample of the series, also has some pretty advanced visuals.

Granted, 343 is a relatively new team, but it'd have been nice to know Halo 4 was going to run on something other than a modified Halo 3 engine. It'd also have made an excellent flagship title for a new generation of Xbox, just sayiiing.

Tiddy-bits:

I'll probably regret bringing this up, but COD managed to push out some pretty impressive shaders and such while still managing to get the end product to run at a stable 60 FPS.

Think about what they had to sacrificed to manage to get the game running at 60fps.

Think about what they had to sacrificed to manage to get the game running at 60fps.

Now think about what 343 doesn't have to sacrifice since they're only going for 30.

Wanting more than 30 FPS out of a console game (at least until the new generation) is asking too much. The system just isn't made for it.

Luke likes this

Doldrums.png

Now think about what 343 doesn't have to sacrifice since they're only going for 30.

Call of Duty would be a better game if 343i sacrificed content\features to make the latest Halo's run at 60fps, even with multiple discs. To even achieve 60fps is impressive, but you seriously have to wonder what they removed to make it run at 60fps. My guess would be that they reduce the amount of particles they used for each effect, made textures smaller and made it so the AI spawn when you're close to their spawn locations (a radius of 10-15m). Granted, i cant back up my guess, but i haven't actually got round to playing Black Ops yet.

I'm sorry, but what..?

We have most COD titles running at a smooth 60 and having acceptable graphics capability, at that, even with a crossplatform engine. Halo is exclusive to the Xbox, 343 should be using the hardware to the best of its ability, especially seeing as they're aiming for only 30 FPS.

Call of Duty would be a better game if 343i sacrificed content\features to make the latest Halo's run at 60fps, even with multiple discs. To even achieve 60fps is impressive, but you seriously have to wonder what they removed to make it run at 60fps. My guess would be that they reduce the amount of particles they used for each effect, made textures smaller and made it so the AI spawn when you're close to their spawn locations (a radius of 10-15m). Granted, i cant back up my guess, but i haven't actually got round to playing Black Ops yet.

And is that really a bad thing? Most players won't even notice those little subtractions in typical gameplay. Now, if they do these theoretical adjustments and then have more advanced shaders and environmental effects to bring it back down to 30, are we going to get a better or worse title?

You can't seriously say cod has a multiplatform engine, can you? It is so gimped by the fact that it is on a console as well.

Doldrums.png

I'm sorry, but what..?

We have most COD titles running at a smooth 60 and having acceptable graphics capability, at that, even with a crossplatform engine. Halo is exclusive to the Xbox, 343 should be using the hardware to the best of its ability, especially seeing as they're aiming for only 30 FPS.

And is that really a bad thing? Most players won't even notice those little subtractions in typical gameplay. Now, if they do these theoretical adjustments and then have more advanced shaders and environmental effects to bring it back down to 30, are we going to get a better or worse title?

Most being 4 out of 9 (including BO2). I wasn't aware that most meant less than half, i thought it was the other way round.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 4 leaked images. Now running at 120fps on consoles!

iuFWi.jpg

(Sry As7)

You can't seriously say cod has a multiplatform engine, can you? It is so gimped by the fact that it is on a console as well.

Newsflash: Halo 4 is going to be exclusive to consoles. Don't bring PCs into this, we all know they handle games better.

My point there is that IW/Treyarch had to adapt their architecture to two vastly different systems with acceptable results on both. With 343 only focusing on one that they have full access to being a subsidiary of MS, they should be able to use the Xbox's hardware to its full potential as it is designed solely for it and, as such, is likely optimized to hell and back. So I'm not entirely sure why we're getting the visuals of Halo Reach for the biggest Halo title in close to four years, is all.

I don't know if i should actually take you seriously or call you an idiot? All but 2 of the Halo games have been a console exclusive, It only makes sense that they continue on in that fashion (however, i'd love to see Halo Wars released on PC by Microsoft).

Your point doesn't make much sense. Bungie and 343 Industries have pushed Halo to Xbox 360's fullest potential, why do you think it runs at 30fps? There is no way in hell that Call of Duty managed to make the game run like every other 30fps, but with double the frames without sacrificing visual details and what not. In fact, you're criticizing the wrong game series - Call of Duty need to make their games reach Xbox\PS3's fullest potential.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0