What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Weps

Couple of guys buzzed by F18's in Death Valley

I've had the pleasure of being overflow and buzzed by C130s, C5s, A10s, a B1B, and a B2.

C130's constantly fly over our place, the 123rd ANG Airlift Wing does TG's from Bowman into Godman, then back again. 

C5's were doing night NOE maneuvers over our area, that's one big son of a bitch. We could hear them land at Godman, which had it's runway extended back a long while ago to accept C5's. 

For comparison:

gyjJ0A0_zpspt5nxqrt.jpg

Flight of A10s apart of the Eastern Air Defense Sector did a fly over of my grandparents home in NY, as we sat in the backyard a few years back.

The B2 made an unannounced low flyover of an airshow I was attending as a cadet representative. She's a thing of beauty. Funny thing, they had F15's doing some maneuvers for the crowd and we'd been talking to some air defense arty guys who had some Avenger systems on display and were preforming automated tracking of the F15's via FLIR. 

The B1B was pulling NOE at around 500mph just outside of Ellsworth AFB in South Dakota, just over Sturgis. I was walking back from taking a shower at the Buffalo Chip vendor restrooms. She came in just over my 8 o'clock, actually caused me to duck and scared the shit out of me. 

Did get to see a variety of fighters doing high altitude maneuvers over our place a while back. My old man informed me they fly out of Wright Patterson to do air maneuvers for cadets on the local base to acclimate them with air support operations (aka air strike procedures)

DiSiAC and Takka like this

Tiddy-bits:

After 2 years of living in Luke AFB's flight path I can honestly say, it never gets old.  (some of the 56th Vipers are screaming over head as I type this)

If it flies, floats, or fucks, rent it.

Sounds like the double rainbow guy . . .

Don't know if I would call that getting buzzed, but it can definitely boost adrenaline.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0