Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Down Under

Changing Ceiling & Floor Height

73 posts in this topic

Are the values at least saved in the map after editing? They don't revert to original when you reopen the map in Eschaton or something crazy do they?

I had a weird problem with CE maps of the same name after rapid recompilation. I had to use the Hac2 console command "hac_flush_cache" so that it rebuilt the checksums with the maps currently in the folder, not the cached hac2 copies. Might just be a CE thing because of the checksums, but I think Vanilla halo still does caching to decrease load times. 

KsqHutE.png

Tiddy-bits:

Yeah, he said the values weren't retained.

Oddly, this is familiar to you... as if from an old dream.  

Be sure to empty your virtual store (C:\...\AppData\Local\VirtualStore) which can sometimes prevent changes from showing up.

Edited by TCK
NeX likes this

Umh7x1l.gif

Be sure to empty your virtual store (C:\...\AppData\Local\VirtualStore) which can sometimes prevent changes from showing up.

actually I have this feature "disabled" so I know its not that..I have disabled Windows 7 UAC..so this is turned off by default

Thanks for the feedback!

Lol I know I've probably gotten in the way more than help in this thread due to my waning familiarity with PC tools, but did you ever get it working?

KsqHutE.png

Lol I know I've probably gotten in the way more than help in this thread due to my waning familiarity with PC tools, but did you ever get it working?

nope... <_< was working on other projects..but will revisit

my whole idea was to circumvent the "floor barrier" on certain maps to place vehicles at bottom of map. there is a point where vehicles "stop" falling and the bipeds go straight to bottom. 

The other idea I had was to PMI a "object" or "device" to create a floor to where vehicles stop then that would also work

DU

Edited by Down Under

Well, if all else fails, you can send me a copy of your map and I'll make the necessary changes to the floor and ceilings.

NeX likes this

Oddly, this is familiar to you... as if from an old dream.  

How exactly would you like the bounds changed for this one? You just want the floor lower so you can spawn vehicles at the bottom, right?

correct...so vehicles can drive at bottom

Thanks

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0