Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Vuthakral

The Pillar of Autumn - HD Textures

Warning: This mod is old as fuck and I made it when I had little idea what i was doing. I will still admit to this day it is actually an improvement over default Halo (excluding most of the metal panels, I have no idea what the fuck younger me was thinking with that.), granted it changes up the overall art style a bit.

Warning #2: This mod is unoptimized as fuck and will drop your FPS insanely.

a10 - HD Textures

By Vuthakral

For the record compared to anything current I've done this texture pack is horrible.

Whopping large texture pack for The Pillar of Autumn which is re-stylized and visually overhauled, dynamic lights, better environment details, better closeup details, etc. Nothing on the map is internalized, due to the high memory usage causing an exception on start if you try to internalize all of this. (As younger me was dumb enough to include some textures up to 4096x4096 in the game itself, even though it doesn't render anything but a mipmap up to 2048x2048.) In the event you want to use any of these god awful textures I made, don't ask me for permission to use anything from this pack, and do not credit me. I'd sooner love this mod to be forgotten. However I believe in letting things be archived for any form of historical purposes so I'll keep up the download for this POS as long as I can. Oh also I would now and days not recommend ENB Series. So just ignore it if it's still in the archive.

To install just drag the maps into your Halo PC maps folder.

Issues:

- Skip the intro cutscene (I'm so sorry.) otherwise your game will crash after a certain amount of time.

- literally 90% of these textures honestly look like shit now that I come back to this mod four years later.

- seriously what the fuck was I thinking.

Download

Skeezix the Cat and Takka like this

Tiddy-bits:

Definitely better than the original, great work man.
What are your sources, or did you make all the textures yourself?

Oddly, this is familiar to you... as if from an old dream.  

Definitely better than the original, great work man.

What are your sources, or did you make all the textures yourself?

All images were found using google images and related search tools, any sources I did use do not require cited credits for use as long as I don't profit from the usage of them. Although I did make a few by hand from scratch.

Edited by Vuthakral

hey so a little bit late to the party, but has anyone still got this somewhere? the dropbox link is broke :/

hey so a little bit late to the party, but has anyone still got this somewhere? the dropbox link is broke :/

Fixed the links for ya, they just seem to have been malformed.

Welcome to the community by the way. =]

Oddly, this is familiar to you... as if from an old dream.  

Fixed the links for ya, they just seem to have been malformed.

Welcome to the community by the way. =]

wow, that was lighting fast thanks man :)

and thanks for the welcome from down under

Well after a quick playthrough, i have to say im very impressed :) The vast improvement was easily noticeable and quite enjoyable.

You managed to really polish it up without disturbing the 'feel' of this classic. 

I assume there was some sort of frame drop, though it was completely unnoticeable on my system.

The only thing i had problems with was loading the level itself. it may be unrelated (as i have been experiencing the same loading issue over the past few days), but the only way i could play the level was through devmode with

"map_name a10"

Load times have never been an issue for given the age of the game and halo resides on my ssd, yet attempting to load this map from the vanilla menu caused a freeze with and 2-3 second sound loop of the initial low synth that plays when the level commences.

But overall, very very well done :)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0