WoCAce

Display Logo/Banner

Hello my fellow devs, I am in need to write a script that can display clan logo/Banner in Server at openning game like that of events and messages. Is it possible? 

Tiddy-bits:

4 hours ago, WoCAce said:

Hello my fellow devs, I am in need to write a script that can display clan logo/Banner in Server at openning game like that of events and messages. Is it possible? 

Do you mean a logo similar to the one pictured below? Unfortunately, this is not possible.

NtnlgZ4.png

However, I have a script that adds an ASCII Text Art logo to the server console like this:

I use the Kban font as it plays nice when it comes to character escaping in a Lua script. 

76Yre7h.png

Not sure how this would look in-game but I could make you something similar. Please advise. 

Unless you're talking about the message prefix, which is ** SAPP ** by default.

In which case you can add msg_prefix "your_clan_tag" to your init.txt file. 

Edited by Chalwk
tarikja, Takka and AntiMomentum like this

- I invite you to join my Halo Discord Server.

- Add me on discord: Chalwk#9284

- HSP Repo Wiki (new)

Hey yea that be cool to be able to display that in console using ASCII Text Art logo.

Is it possible to add ruby libraries to server using ftp console? 

also can you use image converter to text to display an image?

I know you said its impossible just shooting ideas to understand why u cant :)

Edited by WoCAce

Custom loading screen images and other similar things certainly do exist but they are built into the map files and are not distributed by your sever. For what you really want to work you'd have to force anyone who plays on your server to download your clan's version of that map, which would be basically the same except for that one graphic. And the people who manage the repo wouldn't do something like that for any clan because it would get unwieldy extremely fast.

If you're thinking of running an image through an ascii converter and then using it in his script, I'd be careful with that. To get any appreciable detail would require a lot of text. Here's a text file of an example using the default settings at https://www.ascii-art-generator.org/ with the first image Chalwk posted: banner.txt

Trying to reduce this even a little bit degrades the readability very fast.

Also you can ftp basically anything you want to the server if your hosting allows you to do that. You would just have to make sure that your library is being referenced correctly by whatever software is supposed to use it.

Edited by Sunstriker7
Oldpowerz likes this