What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kavawuvi

New feature: More stuff is coming back

I've added chimera_auto_uncrouch and chimera_shrink_empty_weapons. This means that all commands from previous versions of Chimera have been added in with the exception of a few for various reasons that I won't be adding in.

Here's an update to Chimera's netcode that I posted on the Chimera Discord:

Several people have been asking about features such as the warp fix from build 49, AI syncing, velocity syncing, etc. All of these features will require making a new netcode of some kind. I realize I should have offered a better explanation on why I decided to drop it, so here is that explanation.

Implementing a new, proper netcode can take a long time. The last official release of Chimera, build 49, was released on the 9th of September 2017 - two years ago in a couple weeks. While I do think I am capable of creating a new netcode, and while I would very much love to implement these really cool features, I think that it would be unfair and wrong of me to continue delaying Chimera for much longer than it has already been delayed.

So, due to time constraints, Chimera will not have a new netcode. In fact, I'm not even sure it will have a server portion, either, as implementing everything SAPP already has (no-lead, admin management, etc.) will also be a very lengthy endeavor - probably even longer than it would take to design a new netcode.

I'm sorry if you were all looking forward to this, but understand that, while I could do it and would very much love to, I just don't want to delay this project for any longer than I need to. You very patient people truly deserve better than that.

Anyway, with all that bad news out of the way, here is a download to the new build.

Download: chimera-20190829T164912Z.7z

MrChromed and ST34MF0X like this

Tiddy-bits:

Here's a fix for the chimera_block_gametype_rules command.

Download: chimera-20190830T024658Z.7z

3 hours ago, Luke007 said:

Hi, now I have to download each new map separately

Map downloading is planned.

(can you make it so HAC2 will work?)

No. The amount of time it would take to do this without disabling/removing any of Chimera's features, ensuring HAC2 support indefinitely, and making sure everyone gets Chimera updates in a timely manner would basically turn developing Chimera into a part time job that I don't get paid to do.

Sorry, but you'll just have to use an older version of Chimera if HAC2 support is absolutely required.

Also, the timer/"partner respawn's in" are bugging out.

What do you mean?

ST34MF0X likes this

2 hours ago, MrChromed said:

Nice update! Btw, I hope you can add Xbox Safe Zones soon. I really miss that feature.

I'll try, but I can't guarantee this will be added.

6 minutes ago, Luke007 said:

I mean it's not steady. 

That doesn't help me.

You need to explain what a timer/"partner respawn's in" is, and you'll need to explain what you mean by it not being steady.

I can't help if I don't know what you're talking about.

6 hours ago, Kavawuvi said:

That doesn't help me.

You need to explain what a timer/"partner respawn's in" is, and you'll need to explain what you mean by it not being steady.

I can't help if I don't know what you're talking about.

he means that the timer script in stunt man's servers bugs out with the new custom chat, it doesnt stay in place in the screen, it flickers a lot, chimera's custom chat doesnt like too many messages printed to the console.

Kavawuvi and Takka like this

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0