Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WaeV

Valkrieg

28 posts in this topic

You can have the bottom of the map a big trigger volume and tell it to kill any riderless vehicles =p

Tbh, i doubt that'd work

You could use the SP collision tags and make the disappear when they die, but they might not respawn.

I checked the tagging in Eschaton and saw you had actually PMI'd more vehicle tags, so this is actually possible. All you'd need to do is PMI the collision tag from b40 (maybe) and retag it to vehicles. The only problem is, Eschaton's plugins don't have unit options :S. You could probably open it up in HMT, change the the first of 3 settings from 'vehi' to 'bipd', enable the setting then change it back to vehi,

WaeV likes this

Tiddy-bits:

You could use the SP collision tags and make the disappear when they die, but they might not respawn.

I checked the tagging in Eschaton and saw you had actually PMI'd more vehicle tags, so this is actually possible. All you'd need to do is PMI the collision tag from b40 (maybe) and retag it to vehicles. The only problem is, Eschaton's plugins don't have unit options :S. You could probably open it up in HMT, change the the first of 3 settings from 'vehi' to 'bipd', enable the setting then change it back to vehi,

So changing the vehicles' unit type to bipd and giving them health would make them disappear shortly after they die?

The trouble with that is that I don't want the vehicle I'm in to die if I still have health left. I could duplicate the ghost again, keeping the starting vehicle as-is but making all AI vehicles disappear in that way.

Also it might change the dynamic of gameplay. Now you could kill the AI or the vehicle. Although that's exactly what happens in SP. It also opens the door for some cool explosion effects.

Edited by WaeV

So changing the vehicles' unit type to bipd and giving them health would make them disappear shortly after they die?

You'd only be changing it to enable a feature thats not on the vehicle plugins (unless someone knows of a way to enable\add them to eschatons plugins).

The trouble with that is that I don't want the vehicle I'm in to die if I still have health left. I could duplicate the ghost again, keeping the starting vehicle as-is but making all AI vehicles disappear in that way.

If the effects spawn the already dupilcated vehicles - that aren't placed on the scenario, then it wont affect the vehicles that originally spawn. The only vehicles that'd have the health, would be the ones using the single player collision.

Tbh, i doubt that'd work

Worked on Kampagne

Oddly, this is familiar to you... as if from an old dream.  

The only issue I know of stemming from effect spawned vehicles is that you can't refer to them in scripts.

So I could make "the floor is lava!" and have all the fallen (riderless, or maybe not) vehicles die.

Edited by WaeV

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0