Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Vic Firth

Start Warthog from Either Side

11 posts in this topic

Hello All,

Thank you so much for putting together this great community. I am new here so my apologies if this has been asked before. Is there a script where the player can enter the warthog from either side and drive it, just like how it is in Bigass?

Tiddy-bits:

Thank you so much Giraffe! I will try this, however would this mean that they wouldn't be able to just sit in the gunner seat while the hog is stopped?

If you don't want someone entering the gunner seat when the driver seat is empty then you can set DRIVER_REQUIRED_FOR_GUNNER to true as well.

Ok, thank you!

So I don't know if I am doing anything wrong, I tried this script on the Mystic map, and nothing happened. I tried different versions, changing parameters between true and false, but it didn't change anything.

Does it say if the script successfully loaded?

It's still going to display the "enter side seat" message. That is client side, and can't be fixed with just SAPP.

OMG thats exactly what I want! Yes, thank you for making that video.

It is saying failed to load vehicle_seats.lua so thats why its not working.
I have uploaded it here, any ideas why?

vehicle_seats.lua

I am running this on a Halo MD/Combat Evolved Server, if that helps.

Edited by Vic Firth

Are you able to load other scripts fine? What version number of SAPP are you using?

Edited by giraffe

Yes, so far I am running spriting.lua, badwordsarebad.lua, and antiteamshoot.lua fine. I am running SAPP 10.1 on elitegameservers.

Ok so update, now it is loading, but nothing is happening, hogs are still behaving as normal. Giraffe, thank you so much for taking the time to help me with this, if we can't get it, its ok, I really appreciate it.

Edited by Vic Firth

The vehicle_seat.lua that you uploaded isn't edited. You need to set DRIVER_REQUIRED_FOR_PASSENGERS to true.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0