DevCysera

New HUD?

Hello, I was curious is there a way I can change the way my HUD looks on Halo CE? I've tried everything and can't figure out how to change it. Is there also a mod someone did where the HUD and some stuff look like The Master Chief Collection's? I thought I saw one before but I can't seem to find it again. Please let me know thank you so much!

Tiddy-bits:

Oh yeah, you can almost completely customize the hud. Halomaps.org appears to be down currently so i can't verify but this appears to be a pretty good reach hud:

http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=5767

Edit: i somehow got into thinking you were looking for a reach hud not an mcc hud. I'll leave the link though. Tutorials on custom huds are available and you can find a bunch of videos on youtube. But it's true that there's certainly not a lot of good tutorials on huds.

Edited by Sunstriker7
WaeV likes this

Where exactly do I put the file? Where could I possibly find a good tutorial on where to put the files? Please let me know. Thank you!

Okay so coming back now that halomaps isn't down and checking the link, i can see that it's probably not what you want. What I linked you to is apparently a collection of weapons tags with the accompanying files for the UI. You would have to build these into the map you wanted for yourself. If you want links to learn how to do that, ask me and I'll point you to some. But it seems what you're looking for is a ui.map file.

This link is to a section of halomaps.org that is a repository of already built ui.map files of custom UIs. Once you find a download that suits your fancy simply download it, find the ui.map in the download, and replace it with the one in your maps folder. That should be all it takes. Some might have special instructions and you'll just have to refer to those.

Don't forget to save a copy of the original ui.map in case you want or need to revert back.