SMI - Beta

Zatarita
By Zatarita in Halo MCC: Modding Tools,
  • 0 replies
SMI Beta In an ode to the old days of PMI, I introduce SMI. Saber model injector. This program will handle extracting contents from s3dpaks, and reimporting them. SMI is SuPs big brother with a degree. It can recursively extract tags, and it can also handle reimporting them as well. This makes injecting templates from other s3dpaks significantly easier. After watching S3's tutorial it gave me a few ideas on how to make modding easier for the end user.   S3 gave me permission to use his test map that he used in his tutorial to demonstrate it's strengths.     Taking a look at this scene, it doesn't seem like much is going on; however, in classic there are a few objects present.     (ignore the white boxes, it's supposed to be rain, we wont be fixing that texture in this example) There are objects present in classic, that aren't present in anniversary. This is because anniversary is missing the templates for this level. We're going to fix that with SMI.     first we're going to open the s3dpaks we need to edit/extract from. The example above needs a wraith, a sniper, a c gun turret, and the longsword. For these templates, I'm going to load b30 (the map we're working with), a10, and b40.       I'm going to expand a10, and select the fighterbomber (longsword) template     I'm going to click extract recursive from the edit menu, and navigate to a directory I have named "Extracts"     Once I select the folder, a subdirectory will be made with the name of the extracted templates. I'll repeat the same process with the sniper rifle, sniper rifle projectile, wraith, and c gun turret.     now going back to SMI, I'm going to ensure the scope is set to the map that I want to edit:     and I'm going to click "Inject Recursive" and select each directory in my extracts I wish to import:     As you can see the templates are now a part of the s3dpak. Next we need to build the imeta so the templates textures will carry over(only for aniversary. I will make a script to simplify classic soon) To do this we go to Edit>Build Imeta(or hit F2)     Save the imeta, and then we'll save the s3dpak with the standard file>Save As (I haven't implemented save. It'll be in final release)     And that's it! SMI will handle compression, decompression, updating the Imeta, updating the SceneData, and the s3dpak. Our final result:
  significantly faster, easier, and more accessible to new modders c:   this is a beta version, and any bugs will be squashed! please post them below.
Currently, the source can be found in the SeT GitHub, under "tools"  
Bug fix update(10/9):   Bug fix update(10/18):     SMI.zip