What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Takka

DIY Contest- Information

16 posts in this topic

Tiddy-bits:

Whaaaaaaat! Any physical medium? This is crazy awesome.

Edit: So for signature contests, we normally discuss things in the submission threads from the time the contest is announced all the way up to the submission date. Should those conversations happen here? Or not at all? Because the other thread is locked.

Also, if any of us want to have in-progress discussions, where should those go? All in one thread (the submission thread as for sig contests)? Or a separate thread for each (in which section)?

Takka likes this

What exactly does DIY contests mean? Like, crafts and whatnot? If so, I might be able to participate...

System Administrator (Well Rounded) | AWS | Azure | Microsoft 365

So for signature contests, we normally discuss things in the submission threads from the time the contest is announced all the way up to the submission date. Should those conversations happen here? Or not at all? Because the other thread is locked.

Also, if any of us want to have in-progress discussions, where should those go? All in one thread (the submission thread as for sig contests)? Or a separate thread for each (in which section)?

The other threads are just for submissions and voting, any other discussion goes here unless users want to make their WIP threads, which can go in our Art Lounge =]

The submission thread will automatically open tomorrow when the contest officially starts and people can begin to submit their work before it automatically closes again on the announced deadline. The voting thread will automatically unlock for a certain amount of time afterwards, as well.

What exactly does DIY contests mean? Like, crafts and whatnot? If so, I might be able to participate...

Exactly that. Crafts, little contraptions, physical art, anything you can make.

Solaris likes this

Oddly, this is familiar to you... as if from an old dream.  

Awesome stuff. I'm definitely interested.

Takka likes this

System Administrator (Well Rounded) | AWS | Azure | Microsoft 365

It has officially been 6 months since we launched OC. Thanks everyone for helping keep the site going strong <3

Submissions are also now open!

Hmm... You know just the other day I started considering getting into robotics. But I think the contest will be over by the time I could order the parts and have them shipped here.

Ah well, time to scout for a new project idea!

Takka likes this

Hows it comin so far guys? =D

I've figured out what I'm working on.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0