Welcome to Open Carnage

A resource for Halo 1 modding and tech, with unique means of rewarding individual content creation and support. Have a wander to see why we're worth the time! EST. 2012

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
v3nture

What are your top 10 games?

14 posts in this topic

Members of Open Carnage never see off-site ads.

Oh Jesus, 10? I think I've only ever owned 10.

Lets see..

Halo 2

Halo 1

C&C Generals

Minecraft

Halo Reach

Fallout 3

Battlefield 3

Dead Space

Crysis Warhead

Killing Floor

portal

bioshock 1 and 2

deadspace

gta4

fallout new vegas

skyrim

minecraft

Super Smash Bros. (N64 and Gamecube)

Zelda: Link to the Past

This is going to be extremely difficult but here it goes:

1. Unreal Tournament 2004

2. Halo: Combat Evolved

3. Super Smash Bros. Melee

4. Halo 3

5. Pokemon Red/Blue

6. The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

7. Starsiege: Tribes

8. Half-Life

9. Grand Theft Auto: Vice City

10. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

Notes:

For the #6 spot I was considering Morrowind over Oblivion but I simply can't get over the combat system. Morrowind, even when playing it for the first time, was an annoying affair when it came to combat. Other than that, it barely beats Oblivion in most other categories. I know the Elder Scrolls games aren't all about combat but for how often I find myself in combat, it's just too damn annoying to get past. Just for that simple reason I had more fun playing through Oblivion than I did Morrowind.

For #8 I'm not only counting the original Half-Life campaign but I'm also counting Counter-Strike. To me, and loads of other people, Counter-Strike was Half-Life's true competitive multiplayer. Even though it's considered a separate game now I can't separate the two in my head after all these years. (This isn't to belittle Half-Life's multiplayer at all. In fact, I think it's amazing when you're playing with friends. It's not really that great for competitive gameplay, though.)

For #10 I know people might have reservations towards the Call of Duty franchise but damn was the first Modern Warfare fun. Being the third installment to the real Call of Duty games (Infinity Ward's), I felt it offered a better overall multiplayer than the first two. I have my reservations for certain perks and lethal killstreaks, though. In fact, that's why it ranks so low on the list. You also can't go wrong with ProMod.

It kills me that I had to exclude Quake III Arena. I had so much fun with it over the years but I seriously couldn't bring myself to put it over any of the games I have on this list. Many of my gaming friends I've had over the years will probably kill me if they found out I put a Call of Duty game over Quake III Arena but I just couldn't bring myself to act like I don't genuinely enjoy the first Modern Warfare over Quake III Arena. Trust me though, saying that almost makes me throw up.

4VWJfoZ.gif

"You fix my mistakes is what you do." - Tucker
"You're useless." - Tucker 2 minutes later

"You're sort of cool in some ways." - 002

1. Half-Life

2. Halo

3. Skyrim

4. Morrowind

5. Oblivion

6. Re-Volt

7. Timesplitters

8. Team Fortress Classic

9. Toy Commander

10. Crackdown

10. Crackdown

I remember that game! It's just that I remember it being called "Halo 3 Beta"... Sort of weird Bungie was thinking of forgetting the Halo story and substituting it with that. I heard they released a "Halo 3 Beta 2" but without the Halo multiplayer.

Just messing around :P I liked the game. I just remember it being hilarious how most people I knew bought that game just for the Halo 3 beta.

Tucker933 likes this

4VWJfoZ.gif

Crackdown wasn't called that, the Halo 3 beta was included with it. It was overlooked a lot in favor of H3B.

Crackdown wasn't called that, the Halo 3 beta was included with it. It was overlooked a lot in favor of H3B.

1309241610567.jpg

4VWJfoZ.gif

Oh god...top ten? Honestly its pretty split pretty evenly, the one I play tends to vary based on what I feel like at the time, and what other people I tend to play with are playing, but here goes...

1. Dungeon Defenders

2. Minecraft (usually Tekkit)

3. Team Fortress 2

4. Tribes: Ascend

5. Diablo 3

6. Borderlands

7. Left 4 Dead

8. Terraria

9. League of Legends

10. Magicka

And honestly, there are quite a few others that I would put over these depending on the situation...

*replaces a few*

and there are still more... *sigh*