BaconWizard17

XBADPCM Question

Hi all! I have a question about the XBADPCM format. I make mods for Marvel: Ultimate Alliance, and it uses the XBPADPCM format for sounds on Xbox. I know that Halo CE uses this for some sounds as well. I've been looking for a way to convert sounds from .wav (or similar) to .xbadpcm. I've found this tool:

I'm not sure if I'm understanding the workings of it right. Does it work as a standalone program? If not, is there a standalone program to convert to .xbadpcm? I'm hoping to have something I can use for Ultimate Alliance without having to get a tool set for a completely different game. 

Advice and input is appreciated! If there's a better place to post this, please let me know. 

Enclusion likes this

Tiddy-bits:

Posted (edited)

It is an audio codec for Windows systems. It allows playback (decoding) or converting (encoding) of WAV files in the Xbox ADPCM format. Not many modern programs seem to support encoding with Microsoft Audio Compression Manager anymore.

If you were to install the codec, you could download the Windows XP version of Sound Recorder (sndrec32.exe). It allows you to open WAV files and save them in Xbox ADPCM format.

yHrWnQx.png

Edited by giraffe
Enclusion and Takka like this

Posted (edited)

On 7/24/2022 at 3:13 PM, giraffe said:

It is an audio codec for Windows systems. It allows playback (decoding) or converting (encoding) of WAV files in the Xbox ADPCM format. Not many modern programs seem to support encoding with Microsoft Audio Compression Manager anymore.

If you were to install the codec, you could download the Windows XP version of Sound Recorder (sndrec32.exe). It allows you to open WAV files and save them in Xbox ADPCM format.

yHrWnQx.png

Thanks for this response! I found the program, but I'm not seeing Xbox ADPCM as one of the options for the sounds. PCM, Microsoft ADPCM, and IMA ADPCM are the closest ones on there. I'm pretty sure this is the Windows XP version that I have, but is there by chance a specific version I'm missing? 

EDIT (keeping original message in case others make the same mistake): I realized I have to download the codec and sndrec32.exe

Edited by BaconWizard17
Enclusion and Takka like this