MXWK

Halo PC/CE Optic Pack Making Tutorial

Hey guys! How's everyone doing today?

I've installed the Halo PC/CE Optic Pack mod a couple of months ago and it's really nice. Been using it non-stop since then.

I'm guessing making the initial Optic Pack was not easy and required some coding, however making the newer Optic Packs probably only required changing the sound files, medal images, and the messages displayed on the screen. I should be able to do that much so why not xD

Can someone send a link to or write up a tutorial on how to make an Optic Pack?

Thanks!

Tiddy-bits:

Posted (edited)

On 6/19/2022 at 6:31 AM, MXWK said:

Hey guys! How's everyone doing today?

I've installed the Halo PC/CE Optic Pack mod a couple of months ago and it's really nice. Been using it non-stop since then.

I'm guessing making the initial Optic Pack was not easy and required some coding, however making the newer Optic Packs probably only required changing the sound files, medal images, and the messages displayed on the screen. I should be able to do that much so why not xD

Can someone send a link to or write up a tutorial on how to make an Optic Pack?

Thanks!

When I unzipped the Optic Pack file everything became clear. Here's a quick write-up on how to make your own Optic Pack:

So the script is ready all you have to do is change the files and edit the displayed messages in the script file. Notes to keep in mind are:

• The pictures should be in PNG and should be size 96x96 pixels. The audio files should be in MP3 (I haven't tested other formats, they may work, but these are the ones that are used by everyone)
  • You can use free online converters to convert your files to PNG and MP3.
  • Do not change the name of any of the PNG or MP3 files or you'll have to go through the trouble of editing the script.
  • Some sounds don't work with the Optic Pack. The sounds become slow and low-pitched even though the files are OK.
  • I just replaced the malfunctioning files when that happened.

Here's a video showing the Optic Pack I made xD I'll attach it to this message in case you wanna try it. 

supermario.zip

Edited by MXWK
correction