Zatarita

2022 MCC Mapping Contest - Voting

2022 Mapping Contest Voting   22 members have voted

This poll is closed for new votes
  1. 1. Which of the submissions do you think made the best map?

• Verdeel by Peaches
    • Cliffhanger (TBC) by PrecutODST26220
    • Gorge by Galap
    • Homefront by ShmeeGrim
    • Dynamis by killzone64
    • ODST: Inferno: Mombasa Streets by King Feraligatr

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Tiddy-bits:

I definitely have a bias here. Having been around CE mods all this time, I'm so very intrigued by any of the mods made in the other Halo games. I really like the Halo 3 mods just due to it being something new for once and having the visual upgrade benefit.

Sunstriker7 and Takka like this

"You're nothing but a thing to me." -Tucker933 2016   

"Mine's not huge, but neither are my hands, so it's a real good fit." -Badga666 2017                

"It's not incest until it's in." -Caesar 2017

"Poison dart frogs aren't poisonous. Mankind is a poison and the dart frogs are the cure." -Somewhere on the internet 

"I felt left out so I added myself to your signature." -Pfhunkie 2020

"English isn't my primary language. It's also the only language I know." -ShikuTeshi ????
"In the quiet the silence is louder." -My Sister 2021

So after some consideration it came down to 3 for me.

I thought Dynamis was a really cool mod as it's Halo 3 and is a completely custom map that looks good. (I'm sorry Verdeel. You really should have stuck with one theme or the other. It's a really jarring map with such a harsh and immediate transition.)
But I didn't go with this because it gives Assembly vibes so it didn't feel unique enough. It's different yes. But I personally found it hard to not think of it as yet another circular covenant map.

Homefront I simply think it's the best looking overall. I really like the ODST New Mombasa aesthetics.  And in making this a multiplayer map and not a firefight/campaign change. It would have been my pick if not for Cliffhanger.

Cliffhanger is in Halo 1 yes. It doesn't have the graphical advantages of Halo 3. But simply the idea of fighting on a huge waterfall just seemed unique enough with the open forerunner architecture running through it. I thought it was beautiful and really want to see it in Halo 3.

PrecutODST26220 and Takka like this

"You're nothing but a thing to me." -Tucker933 2016   

"Mine's not huge, but neither are my hands, so it's a real good fit." -Badga666 2017                

"It's not incest until it's in." -Caesar 2017

"Poison dart frogs aren't poisonous. Mankind is a poison and the dart frogs are the cure." -Somewhere on the internet 

"I felt left out so I added myself to your signature." -Pfhunkie 2020

"English isn't my primary language. It's also the only language I know." -ShikuTeshi ????
"In the quiet the silence is louder." -My Sister 2021

On 6/17/2022 at 9:59 PM, ShikuTeshi said:

So after some consideration it came down to 3 for me.

I thought Dynamis was a really cool mod as it's Halo 3 and is a completely custom map that looks good. (I'm sorry Verdeel. You really should have stuck with one theme or the other. It's a really jarring map with such a harsh and immediate transition.)
But I didn't go with this because it gives Assembly vibes so it didn't feel unique enough. It's different yes. But I personally found it hard to not think of it as yet another circular covenant map.

Homefront I simply think it's the best looking overall. I really like the ODST New Mombasa aesthetics.  And in making this a multiplayer map and not a firefight/campaign change. It would have been my pick if not for Cliffhanger.

Cliffhanger is in Halo 1 yes. It doesn't have the graphical advantages of Halo 3. But simply the idea of fighting on a huge waterfall just seemed unique enough with the open forerunner architecture running through it. I thought it was beautiful and really want to see it in Halo 3.

What did you think of my submission?

Polls have closed for this competition!

Congratulations to @killzone64 for winning 1st place!!

2nd and 3rd places are a tie at the moment, so I'll open up another poll between these two to decide 2nd place: 

Galap and PrecutODST26220 like this

Oddly, this is familiar to you... as if from an old dream.