MXWK

I made a Health and Fitness Forum

Hey guys! How's everyone doing today? My new project is finally complete! Converging Defense is a Health and Fitness forum meant to help those people who want to make a positive change in their lives. Check out all the features of the website at https://convergingdefense.com/ and let me know what you think! :)

Any advice on how to grow the forum will also be appreciated!

Sunstriker7 and Takka like this

Tiddy-bits:

2 hours ago, MXWK said:

Any advice on how to grow the forum

write-that-down-taking-notes.gif

Pretty flashy forum though. I don't have any criticisms. You'll have to seed a lot of your initial content if you hope to get anywhere.

MXWK likes this

5 hours ago, Sunstriker7 said:

write-that-down-taking-notes.gif

Pretty flashy forum though. I don't have any criticisms. You'll have to seed a lot of your initial content if you hope to get anywhere.

Thanks!

What do you mean by "seed a lot of your initial content"? Like paraphrase blog posts from other fitness websites?

Posted (edited)

What you've done is create a place for that topic of discussion. Now you have to begin the discussion. Paraphrasing blog posts is certainly one thing. But you'll need some kind of body of work available to make the site useful.

For example, look at OC. What is the most valuable thing here? Believe it or not, it's not the links to maps, although there are many. There are other sites that have more. No, it's the permanent repository of tutorials, scripts, technical discussion, and tools. Anybody at any level of experience can come here and find something useful.

You need to get the ball rolling on creating that, but for fitness.

Edited by Sunstriker7
Sceny and MXWK like this

Looks like a lot of work...lol

Well, no one said that it's going to be easy.

I do have some experience in growing a community. Inviting people head-on is most effective. For the time being, I'll invite people directly to the forum, be it on social media or IRL. I'll also try to post some useful articles on the blog.

Stay tuned for updates!

So I've written 2 blog posts, and invited many people to the blog. Still little to no activity...I need to get in contact with people who are interested in the topic of the forum.

So I made this video! xD