What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
Little Helper

Halo MCC April 2022 Update

Tiddy-bits:

8 minutes ago, Little Helper said:

Skulltacular! - Skulls from CEA, 2A and additions from the seasonal updates being spread across multiple titles

Aw yea boi, Acrophobia skull for H2!

Fly around and find out! :v

Spoiler

ETsPZuM.jpg

kIydh1i.jpg

23 hours ago, Kavawuvi said:

CE's audio is pretty borked now. Oh dear.

Yeah that Doppler Effect is a bit strange and excessive for CE, but accurate sadly. Kinda wish they didn't do that

Literally like they jacked up a unit of measurement for the Effect

Edited by Java

Have an apple! apple.pngskull.png

3 hours ago, Java said:

Yeah that Doppler Effect is a bit strange and excessive for CE, but accurate sadly. Kinda wish they didn't do that

The doppler effect is only found when the velocity between point of measurement and the emitter are different. In this case, they're not different, so that's not accurate. 

Java likes this

Oddly, this is familiar to you... as if from an old dream.  

3 hours ago, Takka said:

The doppler effect is only found when the velocity between point of measurement and the emitter are different. In this case, they're not different, so that's not accurate. 

Ok I should rephrase that ( was a bit sleep deprived when I wrote that), usuage/technique is accurate but by all means this is not correctly executed due to some programming error/bug with measurements.

Like your arms decided to rag doll themselves off to the side while strafing rather being very close to your center.

Takka likes this

While the Doppler isn't fully accurate to Xbox (or I guess real life as the plasma pistol seems to bend in pitch when you are holding it and moving despite the fact its relative velocity to you is 0), the issue I was pointing out had to do with the firing effect not playing in both channels when strafing.

Basically, it sounds like the firing effect is coming from near you rather than from you.

Sunstriker7 and Java like this

yeah its definitely a weird one, literally like 4 things i can think off top of my head that could be causing this issue. Lets just hope your video got their attention.