What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Takka

Halo Accomplishments

Tiddy-bits:

All of my work is lost to time but remember when we used to use patching software because map files were too large to upload and download? I uploaded to Modhalo a patch of a logmodded bloodgulch trial map mostly as a meme but it got rave reviews. From that experience I learned that you don't need to have custom assets and flashy junk, you just need to think very carefully about the sandbox you're creating.

It's interesting you post this topic because I recently discovered some old videos on my old youtube account that I forgot I had. There is one video that is the only evidence of my extensive work with particle effects, and the only thing it shows is an early test of a single explosion on a single material. I was very proud of the effects that I made and I was getting close to a release but it was all lost before release in spring 2011. Garbage tags are extremely under-utilized by the modding community, even to this day. Using carefully crafted garbage tag models you can work around the particle effect limits and add a real richness to Halo's effects.

Edited by Sunstriker7
Enclusion and Takka like this

I'd say it's my software. Chimera is definitely on the top, fixing a number of issues that not even HAC2 would fix and ultimately turning Halo PC into a proper PC game with its high quality widescreen hack and interpolation.

To a lesser extent, Invader which has been picking up some traction likely thanks to MCC. I've spent so long on this one.

But even Deathstar was an old tool I made that people used as it provided the best-in-class deprotection at the time.

6 hours ago, Kavawuvi said:

I'd say it's my software. Chimera is definitely on the top, fixing a number of issues that not even HAC2 would fix and ultimately turning Halo PC into a proper PC game with its high quality widescreen hack and interpolation.

To a lesser extent, Invader which has been picking up some traction likely thanks to MCC. I've spent so long on this one.

But even Deathstar was an old tool I made that people used as it provided the best-in-class deprotection at the time.

Your work creating Chimera is one of the main reasons I came back to playing Halo, it improves the experience so much. Thank you.

Edited by Enclusion
Takka, Sunstriker7, Vaporeon and 1 other like this

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0