Chalwk

Dynamic Scoring

Tiddy-bits:

I tried to pull something like this off many years ago when I ran a server, but it used SAPP Event commands change the score limit. It wasn't perfect because if the player count dropped below my limits, the game would end as the score limit had been reached. Is this something you've taken into account with your script?

Enclusion, Vaporeon and tarikja like this

20 hours ago, Sceny said:

I tried to pull something like this off many years ago when I ran a server, but it used SAPP Event commands change the score limit. It wasn't perfect because if the player count dropped below my limits, the game would end as the score limit had been reached. Is this something you've taken into account with your script?

Oh, yeah that's a thing that exists with my script too. It might be a desirable effect for some people?

Will look into it. 

EDIT:

Updated with another bug fix - important update. Not related to the above. (incorrect score table being used - fixed).

Edited by Chalwk
Enclusion likes this

- I invite you to join my Halo Discord Server.

- Add me on discord: Chalwk#9284

- HSP Repo Wiki (new)

Updated with another bug fix.

I registered an event to a function called OnEnd() but named the callback function OnGameEnd().

Because of this mistake, when a player quits while the Post Game Carnage Report is showing, the score limit will be modified according to the limits, which is not supposed to happen.

This has been fixed.

Edited by Chalwk
Enclusion and Takka like this

- HSP Repo Wiki (new)

Now supports custom game mode overrides.

If your game mode is not configured in the score_limits table, the server will use the pre-configured game type table instead.

~ EDIT:

Updated again with a bug fix for CTF score table.

Edited by Chalwk
Enclusion, Takka and Vaporeon like this

- HSP Repo Wiki (new)

On 4/01/2022 at 8:27 AM, Chalwk said:

Oh, yeah that's a thing that exists with my script too. It might be a desirable effect for some people?

I think it would be better to prevent the score going below the current highest score +1 (or more for koth etc.). I think having the game end with a loss because someone quit would feel kind of cheap.

Sceny, Enclusion, Takka and 1 other like this

10 hours ago, Vaporeon said:

I think it would be better to prevent the score going below the current highest score +1 (or more for koth etc.). I think having the game end with a loss because someone quit would feel kind of cheap.

I suppose alternatively, like with my Arcade CTF script, you could make it so the maximum score only goes up but not down.

If the current score limit ends up being way too high because most of the players left at the beginning of the game, players can use the skip command to go to the next game.

Also note that by only going up, I mean that if you hit 12/16 players, the score will never change for that game until you hit a greater threshold. So if the player count ever changes to 1-12 players but not any higher, the score limit will stay the same for the remainder of the game unless the player count goes above 12 players.

Sceny likes this