What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
MXWK

I Made A Freelancers Marketplace Website!

Hey guys!

Been a while since I posted on OpenCarnage, how's everyone doing? I'm doing great!

So I've been trying to start my own SAAS (Software As A Service) business since it's one of the most passive income streams, and I got the idea of developing my own freelancer marketplace website, mainly because I want to freelance and I like making new websites. So I went ahead and made it. Check it out!

The website is made using WordPress with the Premium Exertio theme that I had to purchase from ThemeForest. It's fully functioning with PayPal as the only payment gateway currently. 

If you are interested in using the website I made a coupon that is valid until 7/1/2022 on our top packages, don't miss out! 

I've read some posts on this forum of Web Developers sharing their experiences, this is my first commercial project so do let me know if there can be any improvement in the website! I accept both positive and negative comments so don't worry lol but calm down with the negative ones xD

Also, any advice on how to market the website would be really useful. 

Thanks and have a good day!

Takka likes this

Tiddy-bits:

That's quite a clean site, and a good idea.

Friendly design notes: It looks like the responsive styling has some issues between 1620px & 1200px width. The image on the right gets displaced and doesn't looks clean closers to 1200px, and the text on the logo overlaps with "Get Started" at the higher end of that width range. The footer gets clunky under 1200px, also.

Way better site than I could build. =]

MXWK likes this

Oddly, this is familiar to you... as if from an old dream.  

5 hours ago, Takka said:

That's quite a clean site, and a good idea.

Friendly design notes: It looks like the responsive styling has some issues between 1620px & 1200px width. The image on the right gets displaced and doesn't looks clean closers to 1200px, and the text on the logo overlaps with "Get Started" at the higher end of that width range. The footer gets clunky under 1200px, also.

Way better site than I could build. =]

Thanks! :)

I'll look into those points, dunno if I'll be able to fix them though, I don't know how to edit the theme myself...but maybe I'll find a workaround for them, and hey you can build a much better site if you know WordPress theme editing, all I did was purchase the theme and install it on my VPS, after installing Webmin/Virtualmin, and then WordPress.

There are also many other premium scripts on CodeCanyon and themes on Themeforest, those of which are about CyptoCurrency and Ad Listing websites, restaurant management scripts that come with their mobile apps integrated with the website. Many business ideas to choose from. But the problem lies in marketing, no point in purchasing any of them if no customer will buy the product they offer.

Just sharing what I've been researching lol, I was planning on hiring someone to do email marketing for me, to send emails to a targeted audience. Have you ever tried doing that? And do you know of any other effective marketing strategies (other than paid ads)?

Takka likes this

4 hours ago, MXWK said:

I was planning on hiring someone to do email marketing for me, to send emails to a targeted audience. Have you ever tried doing that?

Haven't.

Oddly, this is familiar to you... as if from an old dream.