Down Under

Weapons converted to Item Collection

How can i make a "Weapon" into an "Item Collection" so that I may use it as a pickup weapon (item collection) in game? 

Tiddy-bits:

Item Collection just needs to reference the Weapon tag, from my knowledge. Then you probably use Sapien to place it in the scenario.

You should be able to reverse engineer it from an existing one if there's more detail to it though. I just know HPC tools, so couldn't personally walk you through it.

Down Under likes this

Oddly, this is familiar to you... as if from an old dream.  

I think I figured it out:

Open Guerilla. Select New. Choose item_collection. Set weight to 100. Under the list bellow select weapon. Press the "..." Add the weapon tag you want. Save it. Now open Sapien. Go to Game Data, Netgame Eguipment. Select one of the excisting permutations. Press the "..." and replae whatever weapon is there with the item collection you created before. Save. Compile the map. You are done.

Takka, Slatchey and Sceny like this

1 hour ago, Down Under said:

I think I figured it out:

Open Guerilla. Select New. Choose item_collection. Set weight to 100. Under the list bellow select weapon. Press the "..." Add the weapon tag you want. Save it. 

Alternatively you could've cloned an existing item_collection file and just rename and edited it.

ETA: didn't see the second part of Tucker's response. Same stuff though :)

Edited by Sceny
Takka, Down Under and Kavawuvi like this