Zatarita

Porting CE maps/tags to MCC

Tiddy-bits:

Oh yeah you should add that tool build-cache-file changed the way scripts are compiled into maps. It now ignores the scripts in the scenario tag and always uses the scripts in the data directory. This means if your extracted map has scripts you have to run "invader-recover /path/to/scenario.scenario" so the plain .hsc is extracted to the data directory, or else scripts will be wiped from the map.

Takka, Zatarita and Kavawuvi like this

On 10/25/2021 at 1:22 AM, Vaporeon said:

Oh yeah you should add that tool build-cache-file changed the way scripts are compiled into maps. It now ignores the scripts in the scenario tag and always uses the scripts in the data directory. This means if your extracted map has scripts you have to run "invader-recover /path/to/scenario.scenario" so the plain .hsc is extracted to the data directory, or else scripts will be wiped from the map.

Yep! I need to update the tutorial, I appreciate the feed back c: 

Kava mentioned this in conservancy, along with the fact some script commands don't work in MCC. He also mentioned that it would be wise to refactor the shader_chicago and shader_chicago_extended into shader_transparent_generic

Also mentioned that there may be conflictions with classic bitmaps now following the new multipurpose maps.

I've been trying to think of solutions for the last one. Might have to create a emulated mod environment that's isolated from the main one. This would also reduce the need to strip and bludgeon EVERY tag every time.

I definetly appreciate the feed back c:

I will update this with the new info when I have some free time to do so

Specifications:

S3dpak - format - Imeta/ipak - format - Fmeta - format

Programs:

H2a-inflate - SuP