What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
DestroyerDarkNes

FPS issues in Windows 10

Hi, I don't know if you remember me, last year in October, I developed HLPCE (a Launcher for Halo CE and PC) and UdrakoLoader  (A library loader developed in .NET). Well, I don't know if they remember that I also  developed a Plugin called FPSCounter.

Although my PC is very old, the Halo CE on maps like Blood Gulch got a constant 44 fps even 60 on smaller maps. and on giant maps (without too many entities like trees) it got 30 - 40 fps.

Image of my FPS, from when I still had Windows 7: 

halofpspreview2.png

Now that I update my PC to Windows 10, the Halo is only 2 fps, how is this possible?

dasd.png

I have done Tests and in safe mode for some reason. It runs Fine, as it was before, but it does not load the colors of the PCs, and also there are graphical errors.

It also doesn't render the DirectX9 Menu of my plugin. which in Windows 7 worked fine.

The only warning I get from the game is this:

Problem-SS.png

I have updated Video Drivers. It gave me trouble finding them on the official website so I updated the Drivers with DriverGenius.

Edited by DestroyerDarkNes

Tiddy-bits:

I'm on Windows 10, with a nVidia 1060, and I'm getting 600-700FPS in Blood Gulch at 1920x1080, and around 400 at 4K (3840x2160).

What GPU are you using?

And what monitor?

msalerno1965 in steam

[email protected] - email

Hello, thanks for answering! I'll drop the Directx diagnosis.

1ssa.png

What seems strange to me in the diagnosis is this:

Display Tab 2: There is a problem with Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM 1.1) device. For more information, search for 'graphics device driver error code 31' 

D3D9 Overlay: Not Supported -------------------------------------------------------------------------- PROBLEM
             DXVA-HD: Not Supported
        DDraw Status: Enabled

--------------------
DirectX Debug Levels
--------------------
Direct3D:    0/4 (retail)
DirectDraw:  0/4 (retail)
DirectInput: 0/5 (retail)
DirectMusic: 0/5 (retail)
DirectPlay:  0/9 (retail)
DirectSound: 0/5 (retail)
DirectShow:  0/6 (retail)

DxDiag.txt

Googling around, and I see others having the same problems with that chipset (GM965).

It might not work with Windows 10.

If you open Device Manager, go to display adapters, then right click the Intel and go to Properties->Drivers, what does it say?

msalerno1965 in steam

[email protected] - email

Sorry for the late reply, I didn't have internet.

111.png22222.png

This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the required drivers for that device. (Code 31)

Object name not found

I have tried to update, but it is updated ... I don't know what else to do.

I am currently using 3D Analyzer to play games, forcing pixel shalder and some other options.

But you can't see the effects, no shadows, or reflections of the Halo. it is as if it were graphically in SAFE MODE ...

On 20/9/2021 at 5:26 PM, AntiMomentum said:

Go to it in Device Manager, right click, click Scan for Hardware Changes

I did it but nothing happened ... :(

Try this @DestroyerDarkNes - it worked for me

the patch affects gaming performance with frame drops, random stutter, and unreliable VSync. The performance issues were first reported during update KB5000842, but the new reports show that they are not yet fixed.

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-uninstall-update-kb5001330-fix-issues-windows-10

Edited by Krazychic

@DestroyerDarkNes

Windows Driver Info - Intel Corporation driver update for Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM 1.1) Version: 8.15.10.2697
https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/ScopedViewInline.aspx?updateid=129ccba7-1771-4dc6-a731-4896c433490b

Download - http://download.windowsupdate.com/msdownload/update/driver/drvs/2013/03/200000239_93d3ef34bb13b42983099062e5adff03602d7e8b.cab

Basically have to extract the contents and do a manual install via right click on the .inf or through device manager. Could be more library files asscoiated with this card, still looking into it.

Have an apple! apple.pngskull.png