Denn

Name Ban

I have an event that I would like to be made into a script with a name database to kick hackers.

here is my event that works great but don't want to add a new event each time I want to add an abuser to be auto kicked.

event_join 'w8 90; k "HACKER" "JERK HACKER"'

Discord  roadhog#0528   Github https://github.com/denngray     Email= [email protected]

Tiddy-bits:

1 hour ago, Vaporeon said:

I would think the cheaters would start using default names when they catch on to this.

Oh, they did.

It got to the point where I felt like kicking New001 players on sight.

There are certain players that use the same name but login with different ip's and hash keys, these are the ones I am targeting, pretty useful if you let them log in and play for a few minutes and then auto boot them.

{BK) DIEGO is just one of several of them.

20 hours ago, Iggy said:

Oh, they did.

It got to the point where I felt like kicking New001 players on sight.

event_join 'w8 300; k "New001" "Go get a real name"'   <-that will let them play for 5 minutes and show a reason they were kicked to everyone on the server.

this is what I did to {BK} DIEGO it lets him play for 5 minutes then auto kicks him with a message, it's pretty funny to watch him come back saying WTF lol.

He eventually tires out :)  and even when he changes ip and hash key he still gets the boot.

I rarely ban players because they just come back with a new IP address.

Discord  roadhog#0528   Github https://github.com/denngray     Email= [email protected]

I have often considered just adding the  event_join 'w8 300; k "New001" "Go get a real name"'  as well and also, Nuevo001.  Anyways with chalwk's new "Name Blacklist" this will definitely help. Great job chalwk. 

Chalwk likes this

On 7/25/2021 at 2:17 PM, Chalwk said:

@Denn Hope this helps...

blacklist.JPG?width=754&height=489

On 7/25/2021 at 2:44 PM, Adio said:

I have often considered just adding the  event_join 'w8 300; k "New001" "Go get a real name"'  as well and also, Nuevo001.  Anyways with chalwk's new "Name Blacklist" this will definitely help. Great job chalwk. 

above is what I get when I run the name blacklist script, I'm sure it's a simple fix maybe it's time I start learning lua lol.

I'm using sapp 10.21 on this test server.

On 7/25/2021 at 2:17 PM, Chalwk said:

@Denn Hope this helps...

blacklist.JPG?width=754&height=489

On 7/25/2021 at 2:44 PM, Adio said:

above is what I get when I run the name blacklist script, I'm sure it's a simple fix maybe it's time I start learning lua lol.

I'm using sapp 10.21 on this test server.

Nevermind, It works great I broke it, I re-installed it without changing any settings and all is great, Thanks Chalwk :)