What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
Takka

Artists Here?

12 posts in this topic

I'm interested in commissioning a logo for my new business, for use potentially on the website, but mostly for informational stickers put on our deployments, and maybe t-shirts.

Anyone here interested in that sort of work? =]

Oddly, this is familiar to you... as if from an old dream.  

Tiddy-bits:

16 minutes ago, Krazychic said:

What are you after? My daughter is decent at freestyle art.

Hmm, that style doesnt seem like the fit.. but I don't have anything envisioned in particular. The name is flarepoint, so a monochrome logo somewhat related to that as a description.

Ooo, nice! Didn't know whether she was going to work on it, or I would've given some more suggestion for what I'm looking for.

That icon looks misleading as to what services are offered, because it's almost entirely external long-range networking, rather than something like WiFi for example, which it looks like that implies. So something depicting multiple locations possibly, like lines with dots at joints, sort of like this icon that was used on the site. And the current logo on the site also has a lens flare, representing the flare in flarepoint, so potentially a multi-point star somewhere. Now I think I have an idea....

Something maybe like this:

r28Pv5C.jpg

Imagine that being a full star representing the flare (am on laptop so didn't finish it), and the aforementioned jointed lines at their tips, but stylized however she likes? Not looking for something to look exactly like that, but hopefully that helps with a direction.

Also so it's clear, I'll be paying when done. Not asking for charity work. =]

Thanks so much!

Awesome, I really like both of those. The second style just seems to have too much fine detail for something that's going to be scaled down in most cases. I know that's difficult with the direction I suggested though.

The first style also has a bit too much detail, but mostly with the star. That's part of why I suggested the points of the star extend into those funky hinged lines, rather than them be separate elements like here. Another way to help cut down on detail, maybe a half-star, like it's cut off at the bottom half?

My responses are probably going to get a bit slower this week FYI. Getting married in a couple days!

Sceny and Enclusion like this

12 hours ago, Tucker933 said:

Awesome, I really like both of those. The second style just seems to have too much fine detail for something that's going to be scaled down in most cases. I know that's difficult with the direction I suggested though.

The first style also has a bit too much detail, but mostly with the star. That's part of why I suggested the points of the star extend into those funky hinged lines, rather than them be separate elements like here. Another way to help cut down on detail, maybe a half-star, like it's cut off at the bottom half?

My responses are probably going to get a bit slower this week FYI. Getting married in a couple days!

Congrats on the marriage. Do you have a gift list/registry thing (not to get too off topic). 

Takka likes this

12 minutes ago, Enclusion said:

Congrats on the marriage. Do you have a gift list/registry thing (not to get too off topic). 

Thanks!!

We don't, but thanks for the offer though. =]

Enclusion and PerfectDark like this

On 5/25/2021 at 7:02 AM, Tucker933 said:

Thanks!!

We don't, but thanks for the offer though. =]

Our little Tucker is all grown up! Congrats haha. You know, it's stupid easy to start a Registry on Amazon and have people buy you shit....errr, help you celebrate! When I got married we got literally got no less than 20 things, quality-of-life stuff like a new Blender, Microwave, 4-slot toaster, and other little stuff like a 20-slot spice rack filled with spices already, condiment containers, mortar and pestle, etc. 

Honestly, before we got married I had no idea what a registry even was.....I thought people were asking where we were getting married, I was like....uhhh, Multnomah County Courthouse? 

Takka likes this

qLaaeEJ.png