What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kavawuvi

Changing Halo's brightness with Chimera installed

Chimera blocks the gamma setting from working. This is intentional. Halo's gamma setting needlessly changes your operating system's gamma setting, and this is prone to issues such as gamma being retained temporarily (or even permanently sometimes, resulting in you having to manually change it back).

I am not changing this behavior. Instead, I present a better way to set your brightness: dgVoodoo2.

Step 1. Install dgVoodoo2.

Step 2. Open Halo. Look for the dgVoodoo watermark on the bottom right corner to verify dgVoodoo is properly installed.

12zQt23.png

Step 3. Open dgVoodooCpl.exe. Go to DirectX and uncheck dgVoodoo watermark.

V0mgDsS.png

Step 4. Go to General. Change the Brightness setting on the color adjustments until satisfied. Click Apply and restart Halo to see the changes.

1nmJIvn.png

Step 5. Play the game. (This is with 291% brightness - Have fun)

o4snJ03.png

ferxo0o, ST34MF0X, Takka and 1 other like this

Tiddy-bits:

6 hours ago, Kavawuvi said:

Chimera blocks the gamma setting from working. This is intentional.

Thanks for the new feature! :v

dgVoodoo

But one might as well just install ReShade. Tons of customization options and can be en-/disabled by the press of a button.

Only downside: More and complex configuration hassle.

Kavawuvi likes this

15 hours ago, Kavawuvi said:

Halo's gamma setting needlessly changes your operating system's gamma setting, and this is prone to issues such as gamma being retained temporarily (or even permanently sometimes, resulting in you having to manually change it back).

I haven't heard of nor experienced this before. Does it happen on all versions of Windows?

tarikja and Kavawuvi like this

On 5/2/2021 at 11:00 AM, DSalimander said:

I haven't heard of nor experienced this before. Does it happen on all versions of Windows?

I've rarely had it happen to me on Windows 10 and Windows 7. I'm not sure if I've seen it happen on Windows XP or older. It typically only happens when it crashes.

On 5/2/2021 at 1:59 AM, tarikja said:

But one might as well just install ReShade. Tons of customization options and can be en-/disabled by the press of a button.

Only downside: More and complex configuration hassle.

Huh. I actually might recommend ReShade since it's open source.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0