Welcome to Open Carnage

A resource for Halo 1 modding and tech, with unique means of rewarding individual content creation and support. Have a wander to see why we're worth the time! EST. 2012

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Surfinwind

Where to Get Good PC Games?

17 posts in this topic

I just bought a brand new laptop which is capable of playing pc games but I have no idea what to play, buy or what is good. Where do you get your gamer reviews from? I would love to try a few new games. What games do you love playing?

Members of Open Carnage never see off-site ads.

Steam is a great place to buy games. I generally ask around, or look for videos of games I read up on. What I would suggest is search up E3 of 2010, and 2011 and check out the major game titles there. E3 lays a lot of the big games for the year. So that'd be a good place to start if you have no idea what to look for. Or you could follow the OMG NEW COD CROWD! and just buy a new game in a series when it comes out...but I like getting a game based on the game itself, not the past games or past titles of the gaming company (with a few exceptions :P), but yeah hopefully that gives you a good idea.

I would recommend:

Portal

Portal 2

Skyrim

Left for Dead 2

GTA IV

Now that said, your laptop might not be able to run GTAIV on full settings and what not, but these games are the games that I play the most out of my library. Now don't be discouraged, these games make up like 80% of my library....I'm not much of a hard core gamer, but I do enjoy the good gaming session during downtime during the week. Also, check out minecraft. It's pretty fun. And I hear we are getting a new server up in the near future.

Wow nigga. You can't L4D2 with out Left 4 dead.

Also it's 4 not for

ahh true it is4 :P

Hahah yeah man, when L4D came out, I was like EEEEK ZOMBIES D: but then a friend of mine let me play L4D2 on his pc and talked me into buying it. So I did. :P and it was fun :D

L4D is great but 2 is superior. It's just an inevitable truth. But I'm ok with it.

Debateable, I personally prefer the 'feel' of L4D to L4D2, but melee weaps are fun...*shrugs* I like both =)

</offtopic>

Steam is definately the place I'd go to for games, there are also several really good F2P (Free to Play) games on there as well.

the F2P ones I recommend:

Team Fortress 2 (obviously)

Tribes: Ascend (Really awesome game)

Vindictus (Interesting MMO built on the source engine)

Alien Swarm (Another valve game, one of the best top-down WASD shooters I've played)

the P2P ones I recommend:

Borderlands

Dungeon Defenders

Magicka

Terraria (kinda like Minecraft, but current-gen/mario-style 2D graphics and more combat)

L4D, L4D2, Portal, Portal 2 (been mentioned but worth rementioning ;P

Serious Sam HD First/Second Encounter

For pretty-much all the P2P ones I mention, I would never get them unless they are at least 75% off FYI, it happens often enough to make it worth it, on Serious Sam I even wait til its 90% off xD

Alien Swarm (Another valve game, one of the best top-down WASD shooters I've played)

Hahaha good times on that last level. :P

steam. you just missed a seriously epic sale, i spent an embarrassing amount of money.

there's a way to view games by rating on there, pretty much everything in the top 20 is worth getting

m68Vl5E.jpg