What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
Zatarita

Getting started H1A - Creating your first mod

This is part two in an ongoing series explaining how to mod halo cea.
See part one here: 

In this tutorial we will go over our modding tools and learn how to use them by making a small mod.

commands:
invader-bludgeon --all -T invalid-indices -T invalid-enums -T out-of-range
invader-refactor -M no-move -c model gbxmodel
invader-strip --all

invader-build -g mcc-retail -c -n levels/test/bloodgulch/bloodgulch

links:
Reclaimers Library: https://c20.reclaimers.net/
tutorial competition:

https://opencarnage.net/index.php?/topic/8261-oc-tutorial-contest/

Kavawuvi, Takka and DSalimander like this

Specifications:

S3dpak - format - Imeta/ipak - format - Fmeta - format

Programs:

H2a-inflate - SuP

Tiddy-bits:

Keeping the tradition going of starting with a Bloodgulch mod. Classic.

An interesting first choice for a mod but possibly misleading since that weapon will only spawn once. To add weapons to multiplayer you have to add the weapon to the globals weapon list, put the weapon into an item collection, and then place the item collection into the scenario as a netgame equipment. I think... it's been a while. Might have been better to just show how to mod the existing pistol?

And I feel like people are underestimating the importance of explaining how to disable anticheat and why. Otherwise, good job showing this process in a more approachable way.

Edited by DSalimander
typo
Zatarita likes this

8 minutes ago, DSalimander said:

Keeping the tradition going of starting with a Bloodgulch mod. Classic.

An interesting first choice for a mod but possibly misleading since that weapon will only spawn once. To add weapons to multiplayer you have to add the weapon to the globals weapon list, put the weapon into an item collection, and then place the item collection into the scenario as a netgame equipment. I think... it's been a while. Might have been better to just how how to mod the existing pistol?

And I feel like people are underestimating the importance of explaining how to disable anticheat and why. Otherwise, good job showing this process in a more approachable way.

The goal was more so to explain a brief over view in how to use the tools, and the roles tags make. Kinda like a dip your toes in the water kind of thing, use a little bit of everything. I just didn't want to overwhelm a beginner.
I do plan on creating more in depth tutorials when I get into things like creating your own weapon. Then we'd have to discuss all the parts that make up a weapon, and how the weapon gets referenced in the level. I do appreciate the feedback though c:

And I don't understand what you mean about anti-cheat?
It asks every time when you try to start the game.

Edited by Zatarita

Specifications:

Programs:

H2a-inflate - SuP

15 minutes ago, Zatarita said:

And I don't understand what you mean about anti-cheat?
It asks every time when you try to start the game.

I don't get anything asking me anything. The game just boots straight into the main menu after a couple splash screens. Maybe because I'm on Windows 7 or installed the game more recently?

Just now, DSalimander said:

I don't get anything asking me anything. The game just boots straight into the main menu after a couple splash screens. Maybe because I'm on Windows 7 or installed the game more recently?

Which version are you using?

Are you on steam? Are you launching from the library, or from the short cut?

Specifications:

Programs:

H2a-inflate - SuP

Oh very interesting. I have been launching it from desktop shortcut. I just tried launching it from library and I got the prompt you must be talking about.

Zatarita likes this

54 minutes ago, DSalimander said:

Oh very interesting. I have been launching it from desktop shortcut. I just tried launching it from library and I got the prompt you must be talking about.

That's a good point, I didn't realize it didn't ask

I'll mention that in the next tutorial I record

Specifications:

Programs:

H2a-inflate - SuP