What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mouseboyx

Looking for help for releasing

Is there something special I need to do before releasing a script?

I am looking for someone to audit or test this script that I would like to release, if that's appropriate.  I've done extensive testing on 2 or more servers, but recently redid this script to make it lighter and more universal.  It's a clan registration sapp script that gives a good chance at detecting players who are impersonating other players within your circle of influence.  It works by specifying a custom command in the config like /register, but could be anything.  Then a password is specified like "12345".  If someone were to run with that config then they could register their name to the ip address by using /register 12345 from within halo.  It is basically on the honor system by who you choose to give the /command <password> to.  And if that leaks out due to human error the system collapses.  If someone joins with a name already registered and the ip doesn't match it will kick them within a time frame (to allow for dynamic ip players to re-register).  If someone's ip is always changing though it's probably best not to have them use this at all, unless they want to go through the hassle of typing /command <password>  every time they join a server with this script.  I don't have a graceful solution to un-register someone though, it has to be done by manually editing the file stored with the user / ip information.  My clan/group on retail has had a problem with impersonators for a long time so this is my solution to attempting to fix that problem, but the password has leaked a few times, so this is a countermeasure with consequences if it's not used correctly.  I also have no idea whether this is actually useful, or if it would become not worth what it offers due to the drawbacks. I used quite a bit of code from Chalwk's github to make this, so thanks to him for making it easier.  This is the first proper script that I wrote for sapp, born out of necessity.

clan_register.lua

AHITMAN and Enclusion like this

Tiddy-bits:

33 minutes ago, mouseboyx said:

Is there something special I need to do before releasing a script?

I am looking for someone to audit or test this script that I would like to release, if that's appropriate.

Nothing required outside the rules outlined at the top of the releases section. =]

You can always edit the release if you or someone else finds an issue with the script down the road, too.

Enclusion and mouseboyx like this

Oddly, this is familiar to you... as if from an old dream.  

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0