Welcome to Open Carnage

A resource for Halo Custom Edition and MCC modding, with unique means of rewarding content creation and support. Have a wander to see why we're worth the time! - EST. 2012

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RXK1NG

Halo CE Flickering Textures? AMD Specs *SOLVED*

Video Of Issue Described

I've asked in multiple Halo discords but got no replies, I have this issue where textures will slightly flicker on parts of levels, single and multiplayer, and I've looked around and even scoured google for answers. I'm using Chimera, interpolation is on, Chimera_af enabled, model detail default, and all graphics set to high with vsync on. Tried not using vsync, tried editing Radeon settings, (turning vsync on and off there). This only happens with custom edition, MCC H1 is fine. Any help would be amazing, thanks so much and sorry to bother!

Also I have uninstalled/reinstalled and done the same with Chimera. Really sucks cause I want to get into modding for this game and I cant play it without this issue happening, noticed it on certain maps like Damnation, Silent Cartographer, and various Custom Maps.

Processor:    AMD Ryzen 5 1600 Six-Core Processor, 3200 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s)
Installed Physical Memory (RAM):    16.0 GB
GPU: RX 580 

EDIT: Problem has been solved thanks to someone in the Reclaimers discord!

Using DgVoodoo2 has eliminated the problem entirely!

Edited by RXK1NG
Enclusion and Tucker933 like this

Tiddy-bits: