What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
Takka

General FAQ

1,089 posts in this topic
On 1/3/2021 at 11:14 PM, Enclusion said:

The term for this might be progressive web app but I might be confused. If this software supports it I'd love that.

It doesn't natively, sorry.

Enclusion likes this

Oddly, this is familiar to you... as if from an old dream.  

Tiddy-bits:

16 minutes ago, Tucker933 said:

It doesn't natively, sorry.

That's alright. I can probably find a workaround fairly easily. Appreciate your response.

The site gets an average of 8 clicks an hour from search results, but we see almost 100 spiders in that amount of time too.

Enclusion likes this

Oddly, this is familiar to you... as if from an old dream.  

21 minutes ago, Tucker933 said:

The site gets an average of 8 clicks an hour from search results, but we see almost 100 spiders in that amount of time too.

You are being watched.

22 hours ago, Enclusion said:

Reminds me of how back years ago a local pizza joint had a view counter on their website that went up when you refreshed the page so my dad got the whole family to refresh the page until it got to 999999 or something like that and got it to roll over to 0 views. Was hilarious.

I wish brigading was always this mild

Enclusion likes this

I don't think you can because it requires the host to create a manifest.json file, which tells your device what content to download and other settings to configure.

I wish my school would do a PWA because their app is a shitty wrapper for their website. I know why they probably don't: it's because they built the app before PWAs could be added to the app store. But that was changed two years ago and they need to get with the program.

Anyway, my rant is over.

Edited by Sunstriker7

10 hours ago, Sunstriker7 said:

I wish brigading was always this mild

I miss those days. Good clean fun. My entire family would play halo Trial and Old-school runescape (which was the main runescape at the time). Got me started making servers which I've done on and off (more on than off) for all this time. I miss the Internet pre-2010, there was a lot more freedom and things were a lot more lighthearted, but maybe thsts just nostalgia?