Welcome to Open Carnage

A resource for Halo Custom Edition and MCC modding, with unique means of rewarding content creation and support. Have a wander to see why we're worth the time! - EST. 2012

Enclusion

Make site installable on mobile?

Posted (edited)

Some sites have the feature where your browser will let you install the app to your home page as a seperate item. Currently (Firefox) I can add this site to my home screen but it's really just a link to open a new tab. Other sites, on the other hand, have enabled the install feature which makes the icon open a seperate process. Makes keeping things sepersted nice.

The term for this might be progressive web app but I might be confused. If this software supports it I'd love that.

Edited by Enclusion
Added example

Tiddy-bits:

7 hours ago, Enclusion said:

The term for this might be progressive web app but I might be confused. If this software supports it I'd love that.

It doesn't natively, sorry.

Enclusion likes this

oc-ref.png

Oddly, this is familiar to you... as if from an old dream.

16 minutes ago, Tucker933 said:

It doesn't natively, sorry.

That's alright. I can probably find a workaround fairly easily. Appreciate your response.

Posted (edited)

I don't think you can because it requires the host to create a manifest.json file, which tells your device what content to download and other settings to configure.

I wish my school would do a PWA because their app is a shitty wrapper for their website. I know why they probably don't: it's because they built the app before PWAs could be added to the app store. But that was changed two years ago and they need to get with the program.

Anyway, my rant is over.

Edited by Sunstriker7

Kavawuvi: one of these days these glutes are gonna squawk all over you