Welcome to Open Carnage

A resource for Halo Custom Edition and MCC modding, with unique means of rewarding content creation and support. Have a wander to see why we're worth the time! - EST. 2012

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Enclusion

View count accuracy?

I see a a view count on posts that are pretty high relative to the regular posters. How accurate are these view counts? Are they bloated by bots and spiders or are there really that many people coming around?

Sunstriker7 likes this

Tiddy-bits:

1 minute ago, Tucker933 said:

Reminds me of how back years ago a local pizza joint had a view counter on their website that went up when you refreshed the page so my dad got the whole family to refresh the page until it got to 999999 or something like that and got it to roll over to 0 views. Was hilarious.

Tucker933 likes this

The site gets an average of 8 clicks an hour from search results, but we see almost 100 spiders in that amount of time too.

Enclusion likes this

oc-ref.png

Oddly, this is familiar to you... as if from an old dream.

21 minutes ago, Tucker933 said:

The site gets an average of 8 clicks an hour from search results, but we see almost 100 spiders in that amount of time too.

You are being watched.

22 hours ago, Enclusion said:

Reminds me of how back years ago a local pizza joint had a view counter on their website that went up when you refreshed the page so my dad got the whole family to refresh the page until it got to 999999 or something like that and got it to roll over to 0 views. Was hilarious.

I wish brigading was always this mild

Enclusion likes this

Kavawuvi: one of these days these glutes are gonna squawk all over you

10 hours ago, Sunstriker7 said:

I wish brigading was always this mild

I miss those days. Good clean fun. My entire family would play halo Trial and Old-school runescape (which was the main runescape at the time). Got me started making servers which I've done on and off (more on than off) for all this time. I miss the Internet pre-2010, there was a lot more freedom and things were a lot more lighthearted, but maybe thsts just nostalgia?