Welcome to Open Carnage

A resource for Halo Custom Edition and MCC modding, with unique means of rewarding content creation and support. Have a wander to see why we're worth the time! - EST. 2012

Kavawuvi

Update: Flashlight fix

The flashlight intensity has been corrected.

Note that this fix will ONLY apply to retail Halo PC and the demo version. Custom Edition will not receive the fix to avoid altering the experience intended by map developers.

IBipxia.png

Anyway, this mostly impacts the campaign, notably levels like 343 Guilty Spark, Keyes, Truth and Reconciliation, and The Maw.

Lastly, before anyone asks, the yellower color of the reflections is due to how Halo PC does environment shaders. I'm not sure how to fix this.

UPDATE: I've been asked by a couple people about why the flashlight fix is exclusive to retail Halo PC and the trial. There is no technical reason. Actually, the reason this fix doesn't apply to Halo Custom Edition is because there may be maps that use custom flashlights, and these would be affected by the change. Therefore, to preserve the map author's intended experience, the fix is disabled on Halo Custom Edition.

Similar to the shader/fog fix, I added a compile-time flag you can set if you want to build a chimera.dll file that has the fixes enabled on all versions.

Vuthakral, ST34MF0X and Sunstriker7 like this

Tiddy-bits:

My favorite part was this:

20 hours ago, Kavawuvi said:

Anyway, this mostly impacts the campaign, notably levels like (proceeds to name half the game)

ST34MF0X likes this

Kavawuvi: one of these days these glutes are gonna squawk all over you

5 hours ago, Sunstriker7 said:

My favorite part was this:

On 10/29/2020 at 0:22 AM, Kavawuvi said:

Anyway, this mostly impacts the campaign, notably levels like (proceeds to name half the game)

Well, what can I say? Halo's a dark game.

ST34MF0X likes this

Yeah, which is why this fix is great. I didn't even know that the flashlight was broken to begin with.

ST34MF0X likes this

Kavawuvi: one of these days these glutes are gonna squawk all over you