Welcome to Open Carnage

A resource for Halo Custom Edition and MCC modding, with unique means of rewarding content creation and support. Have a wander to see why we're worth the time! - EST. 2012

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Frank 791

Unlocking halo ce maps

Hello, I would like to know if anyone could guide me on the topic of proper unlocking of Halo CE maps, to access their properties as vehicles and weapons to activate the Spawn_Vehicle.lua

I have previously done this using:
1. Deathstar Deprotector
2. Lethargy

One to do the unlocking and the other to visualize the data, but now I have tried to do it again and every time I insert the map that I have unlocked in my server this one expels all the players from my server denying the access to it, as I did this long time ago, I don't remember if I am missing something, I would appreciate very much your support.

another point where I need help is if someone knows how to add checkpoints to a map to convert it into a racing map since some do not have any checkpoints by default

Edited by Frank 791

Tiddy-bits:

Are you still using this script? If so what you want is this:

-- 11/29/2016 -- allow admins to retrieve the meta-id of the vehicle they are in by typing "this_vehicle"

No tools required. Very thoughtful of them.

Tucker933 and Frank 791 like this

Kavawuvi: one of these days these glutes are gonna squawk all over you

well at least i used another lua file called spawn vehicle v1, where i couldn't set up protected maps unless i unlocked them, but in this case using the lua it mentions, how do you get the meta id?

Edited by Frank 791

The changelog on v2 of the script has another important notice:

-- 11/29/2016 -- changed vehicle spawning to spawn by meta-id, and not tag name to allow this to work on PC/CE and protected maps
-- 11/29/2016 -- allow admins to retrieve the meta-id of the vehicle they are in by typing "this_vehicle"

So basically, you don't need to find the name of the vehicle tag which, if it's "protected", could possibly be gobbledygook anyway. With this version of the script you type the code that is the meta-id instead. To get the meta-id you just go into a game, get in a vehicle, and type "this_vehicle" and the script will supposedly output the meta-id of the vehicle you are currently in into the chat. It will also write it into the sapp log, apparently. I'm not sure if you can immediately begin spawning vehicles or if you'll first have to manually add the map you're using to the script along with the default vehicle id. You'll have to experiment at that point, or you could give me a download link of the map you're trying to use and I'll configure it for you.

EDIT: As I suspected, you have to explicitly add your map to the script to enable the spawn commands. Also add the default vehicle you want.

Edited by Sunstriker7

Kavawuvi: one of these days these glutes are gonna squawk all over you

Thanks, I have managed to make this concrete, now I have another problem, what happens is that I drive 2 separate luas, one Taxi_v2.lua and another one called fve.lua (it points to a vehicle and goes up lighting a flashlight), but they don't work in the blocked maps, in spite of having already modified them, do you know any alternative to implement something similar with this type of maps?