Welcome to Open Carnage

A resource for Halo Custom Edition and MCC modding, with unique means of rewarding content creation and support. Have a wander to see why we're worth the time! - EST. 2012

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kiocorrina

PC Case Recommendations

I am planning on building my first computer but not sure which case to get. I am looking for a great tempered glass, fairly compact mid-tower with RGB lighting & my budget is less than $250. Please give me some recommendations. TY.

Tiddy-bits:

Generally RGB isn't integrated with the case. It typically should be sold separately unless it's unique like something similar to the InWin Infinity. This due to there being RGB sync technology incorporated in most gaming branded motherboards.

I personally don't look at tempered glass cases since I prefer my Define S series case without glass. It would also come down to preference.

Though manufacturers I can recommend taking a look at for their build quality would be...
be quiet! Pure Base
Corsair has a plethora of popular cases
Fractal Design Define Series for minimalism look and sound dampening foam
In Win or Lian Li have a few with built in RGB
NZXT for really square minimalism

There's many other brands out there but majority of them are really poor quality. A few reputable brands I didn't mention but I personally think they're better off making other components than cases.

tarikja and Tucker933 like this

"You're nothing but a thing to me." -Tucker933 2016   

"Mine's not huge, but neither are my hands, so it's a real good fit." -Badga666 2017                

"It's not incest until it's in." -Caesar 2017

"Poison dart frogs aren't poisonous. Mankind is a poison and the dart frogs are the cure."-Somewhere on the internet 

"I felt left out so I added myself to your signature." -Pfhunkie 2020

"Go for the balls!" -ShikuTeshi 2020

Phanteks Evolv X 

I wanted one of those myself, but I need something with unobstructed airflow. 

Edited by Sceny
Sunstriker7 likes this

(SBB Storm) Thank for your reply. Is this Fractal Case similar to the one you got? https://www.colamco.com/product/fractal-design-meshify-c-computer-case-fd-ca-mesh-c-bko-1539387 

6 hours ago, ShikuTeshi said:

Generally RGB isn't integrated with the case. It typically should be sold separately unless it's unique like something similar to the InWin Infinity. This due to there being RGB sync technology incorporated in most gaming branded motherboards.

I personally don't look at tempered glass cases since I prefer my Define S series case without glass. It would also come down to preference.

Though manufacturers I can recommend taking a look at for their build quality would be...
be quiet! Pure Base
Corsair has a plethora of popular cases
Fractal Design Define Series for minimalism look and sound dampening foam
In Win or Lian Li have a few with built in RGB
NZXT for really square minimalism

There's many other brands out there but majority of them are really poor quality. A few reputable brands I didn't mention but I personally think they're better off making other components than cases.

Thank you!

13 hours ago, Sceny said:

Phanteks Evolv X 

I wanted one of those myself, but I need something with unobstructed airflow. 

I have a Phanteks case myself and can't speak highly enough of them. I got this one, specifically, like 5 years ago and I expect to have it for at least another 15 years.

Sceny likes this

Kavawuvi: one of these days these glutes are gonna squawk all over you

On 9/11/2020 at 10:36 PM, kiocorrina said:

(SBB Storm) Thank for your reply. Is this Fractal Case similar to the one you got? https://www.colamco.com/product/fractal-design-meshify-c-computer-case-fd-ca-mesh-c-bko-1539387 

Yes, though in white so that I can go to the beach with it without getting as much sun heat as a black case. /s

tarikja likes this