Welcome to Open Carnage

A resource for Halo Custom Edition and MCC modding, with unique means of rewarding content creation and support. Have a wander to see why we're worth the time! - EST. 2012

Zatarita

SeT team - progress

52 posts in this topic

I have done the thing.

It is messy, and clunky; however, everything works. I can load and save all the file types h1a using this method; however, I have to go through and fill out all the placeholder functions I made. Nothing too interesting, but progress.
Hex compares the files to be identical when created from scratch vs ones supplied.

My brain hurts though, I think I'ma take a break for the night.

Tucker933 likes this

Specifications:

S3dpak - format - Imeta/ipak - format - Fmeta - format

Programs:

H2a-inflate - SuP

Tiddy-bits:

Just a mild update.

There has been a temporary delay for a few reasons.

One: due to personal issues I'm migrating my setup to a new location. Not really "moving" per say, but I'm relocating my primary living location.

Two: I'm waiting on two new things to push this library to the level I'm hoping for.

One of them is a book on compression algorithm. I haven't found a very good LZX library that cooperates with my progressive decompression algorithm. So I decided I'm going to write my own implementation. Xbox uses LZX compression instead of zlib (if I'm not mistaken. Though, the book will definetly clear up which compression is used if not)

I have also decided to mod my 360 so I can try to mod the Xbox version (as emulation doesn't seem feasible for 360 cea yet) these are both taking some time.

I have not abandoned the project by any means!

Don't let the silence be spoopy.

I have accumulated a bookshelf for this project and I've learned a lot.

In fact it's inspired me to go back to school! So maybe in the future things will be even better.

Edited by Zatarita
Tucker933 likes this

Specifications:

S3dpak - format - Imeta/ipak - format - Fmeta - format

Programs:

H2a-inflate - SuP