Welcome to Open Carnage

A resource for Halo Custom Edition and MCC modding, with unique means of rewarding content creation and support. Have a wander to see why we're worth the time! - EST. 2012

Zatarita

SeT team - progress

So, things have been a bit quiet from my front this past month, but I figured I’d post an update to some of the progress that’s been getting made. When I say “team” I currently mean myself; however, I am looking for people to join. If you’re interested shoot me a dm

onto the updates!

SeT had a major revision. I refactored everything to utilize polymorphism a bit more. Hopefully to keep things a bit more organized.

There have been 2 major updates to SeT. One is SEK. Which is a saber editing kit. It’s a hek style set of tools that will be used to modify saber files. this is going to replace SuP. Planned tools are:

S-edit - a guerillaesque program used to edit the files inside the saber paks.

textures_info_and_scenedata.PNG

s-tool - a tool-esque program used to compile new files.

image0.png

image1.png

image2.png

P-arc: this will let us pack All the mod files into one file (.s3dpak, .ipak, .imeta, .fmeta, .map). It also lets us send only the modded files, greatly reducing file size.

p-arc.PNG

File size comparison (desert hog mod):

patch_archive.PNG

my hopes is this will simplify modding cea, and make it more user friendly.

besides planned programs, my hopes is to create an export/importer with templates to blender.

Coordinates, texture coordinates, and faces have been mapped out for cea. This means I can extract most of the model data; however, this is only for “simple” meshes. I have not found rigging data. Research is still being done. I’m going to attempt to manually build a model into a template to test building soon.

uv.PNG

lastly, While the primary focus is for h1, I have been poking around with h2a as well.

I managed to extract the contents of the h2a pck files. I have a lot of templates from there as well.

I figured out some of the model data for them as well; however, I wasn’t able to figure out texture coordinates, or rigging information for that either.

h2a.PNG

is your interested in helping out, I could really use a hand. I only have ~2 days a week that I can dedicate to this.

MrChromed, Java and Jerry like this

Specifications:

S3dpak - format - Imeta/ipak - format - Fmeta - format

Programs:

H2a-inflate - SuP

Tiddy-bits: